St. Eugene Mining Corporation Ltd.
TSX VENTURE : SEM

St. Eugene Mining Corporation Ltd.

September 28, 2010 12:34 ET

St. Eugene Announces Expanded Drill Program for Amisk Gold Project

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 28, 2010) - St. Eugene Mining Corporation (TSX VENTURE:SEM) ("St. Eugene" or the "Company") announces that it has approved an additional 4,000 metre diamond drill program on the Amisk Gold Project in Saskatchewan, which is expected to be completed by December 31, 2010. Based on the positive exploration results to date, joint venture partner Claude Resources Inc. ("Claude") and St. Eugene have agreed to incur an additional $700,000 to complete infill drilling on areas of known mineralisation at the Amisk Gold Project, and to test the extensions.

During the summer 2010, the joint venture conducted an exhaustive program of sampling previously unsampled core intervals from historic drilling campaigns. Assay results for this stage of the exploration program are pending. The summer sampling program was undertaken primarily because the winter 2010 drill program successfully confirmed near-surface, potentially bulk-mineable gold and silver mineralization. By sampling the historic core and by conducting this next diamond drill program, St. Eugene will be in a better position to evaluate the potential of the Amisk Gold Project.

The 13,644 hectare Amisk Gold Project is located in Saskatchewan, 20 kilometres southwest of Flin Flon, Manitoba. Claude holds a 65 percent working interest in the project, with St. Eugene holding the remainder 35% interest. Claude also holds a 16.3 percent interest in St. Eugene's issued and outstanding common shares as of August 31, 2010. 

A plan map of the Amisk Gold Project, detailed map showing historic and current drill collar locations and a cross section through the deposit can be viewed at Claude's website. www.clauderesources.com.

Brian Skanderbeg, P.Geo. M.Sc., Claude's Vice-President Exploration, and Rolly Trenaman, P. Eng. are the Qualified Persons who have reviewed and approved the contents of this news release.

CAUTION REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION

This Press Release may contain statements which constitute 'forward-looking' statements, including statements regarding the plans, intentions, beliefs and current expectations of the Company, its directors, or its officers with respect to the future business activities and operating performance of the Company. The words "may", "would", "could", "will", "intend", "plan", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect" and similar expressions, as they relate to the Company, or its management, are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future business activities or performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and that the Company's future business activities may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors. Such risks, uncertainties and factors are described in the periodic filings with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities, including the Company's quarterly and annual Management's Discussion and Analysis, which may be viewed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as intended, planned, anticipated, believed, estimated or expected. Although the Company has attempted to identify important risks, uncertainties and factors which could cause actual results to differ materially, there may be others that cause results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. The Company does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update these forward-looking statements.

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information