St. Jude Resources Ltd.
TSX VENTURE : SJD

St. Jude Resources Ltd.

November 15, 2005 19:23 ET

St. Jude Acquires Strategic Gold Property in Burkina Faso

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(CCNMatthews - Nov. 15, 2005) - St. Jude Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:SJD) is pleased to announce that it has acquired the option to purchase the Titao gold property in Burkina Faso, West Africa. Titao is a highly prospective 204 sq. km. exploration licence strategically located on the same gold belt as the company's Goulagou project. Targets at Titao are within trucking distance of the GG2 target currently in development at Goulagou. The company has the option to pay a total of USD $125,000 for 90% of the available interest in $25,000 instalments over 24 months. The company has also negotiated the option to purchase the remaining 10% available interest from the vendor at any time up to 12 months from commercial production. The government of Burkina Faso maintains their standard 10% interest.

Titao is located less than 10 km. from the border of Goulagou in Northeastern Burkina Faso. Seven prospects have been identified and visited to date, some of which have multiple separate indigenous gold workings. The geology on each of the prospects ranges from quartz veins within the bedding, to stockworks in felsic intrusives. St. Jude has planned a drill program to commence immediately at Titao. This first phase will test Toulfe South, Toulfe North, Namassa, Silia, Sala, Titao and You-Kiliba. Drilling will start at Toulfe South where multiple gold bearing veins over 200 meters in width and 400 meters in length have been exposed by historic artisanal workings.

St. Jude's exploration program is under the direct supervision of George A. Flach, B.Sc., P.Geo., who is the qualified person responsible for the design and management of the exploration program.

St. Jude is a leading West African explorer focused on the discovery and development of gold deposits that are amenable to low cost mining techniques. The company's projects cover over 2,904 sq. km. or 717,591 acres of West Africa's most productive gold region.

ST. JUDE RESOURCES LTD.

MICHAEL A. TERRELL, President

No Stock Exchange has reviewed or accepts the responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information

  • St. Jude Resources Ltd.
    Todd McMurray
    Vice President, Corporate Development
    (604) 940-6565
    (604) 940-6566 (FAX)
    www.stjudegold.com