REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 13, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Anticipating a significant increase in traffic over last year during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday period, Stage Stores, Inc. (NYSE: SSI) sought to improve its omni-channel capabilities by increasing the number of products available on its website, improving the customer experience, and personalizing promotions. To further its "commerce anywhere" strategy, Stage Stores implemented Oracle Commerce in under six months. The new ecommerce engine, as well as guided search and recommendation solutions, were all available before the holiday shopping season kicked off.
- During the peak holiday season of 2012, Stage Stores realized it needed to enhance its ecommerce capabilities to increase scalability, reliablity, and performance, as well as to have the ability to personalize and cross-sell merchandise. To help meet its goals, Stage Stores selected Oracle Commerce and embarked upon a rapid deployment plan.
- In early November, Stage Stores completed a less than six-month deployment of Oracle Commerce, allowing the company to dramatically increase the number of products available on its website.
- Oracle Commerce allows Stage Stores to execute more complex pricing and streamline processes, such as the entry of product loads and promotions. The Company's previous platform required site merchandisers to use external tools such as Excel spreadsheets, imported documents, and "cutting and pasting" of data.
- Stage Stores' goal is to offer over 100,000 items on its website so that customers can have access to the full assortment of merchandise availabile in its stores, online exclusive merchandise and additional direct-ship items available through fulfillment partners.
- The addition of guided search capabilities delivers more relevant and accurate search results and enables Stage Stores to highlight new products and promotions.
- Oracle Commerce also allows Stage Stores to extend its "commerce anywhere" strategy by improving the customer experience on mobile devices, delivering better search, and increasing conversions. The improved ecommerce platform directly impacts store associates with tablets, ensuring both associates and customers can have fast, accurate access to merchandise no matter where it resides.
- Next on the horizon is leveraging Oracle Commerce to help maximize personalization and service on the site for the 40 percent of Stage Stores customers who hold the company's private-label credit card.
- Stage Stores, Inc. operates primarily in small and mid-sized towns and communities. Its stores, which operate under the Bealls, Goody's, Palais Royal, Peebles, Stage and Steele's names, offer moderately priced, nationally recognized brand name apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear for the entire family. The Company operates 888 stores in 40 states. The Company also has an ecommerce website. For more information about Stage Stores, visit the Company's web site at www.stagestoresinc.com.
- Amplifi Commerce and Rackspace, both Gold-level members of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), helped to acclerate the deployment and to enable Stage Stores to maximize its return on investment.
- "Oracle Commerce gives us the ability to bring more exciting products and promotional offers to our customers," said Steven Hunter, executive vice president and CIO, Stage Stores, Inc. "I've been involved in the deployment of several ecommerce platforms. The Oracle Commerce implementation was less than six months in core project time. This was a quick implementation and one of the smoothest."
- "By leveraging Oracle Commerce, Stage Stores is effectively extending a true commerce anywhere experience to its customers," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "By enabling its customers to shop when, where and how they want, Stage Stores wrapped up a tremendous holiday season and Oracle Commerce puts the company in an ideal position for future growth and innovation."
About Amplifi Commerce
Amplifi Commerce is the leading provider of omni-channel commerce and interactive marketing services enabling clients to navigate and thrive in today's digital economy. Amplifi's e-commerce consultancy provides business strategy, performance marketing, technology implementations and operational management solutions that make a measurable difference to retail brands across the globe including Quiksilver, Claire's Stores, Fox Head Racing, lululemon athletica, Laura Mercier, and Jenny Craig. Amplifi Commerce is headquartered in Dallas, with offices in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. For more information, please visit www.amplificommerce.com.
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.