EDINA, MN--(Marketwire - Jun 21, 2011) - NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it was ranked #4 in the small employer category on the Star Tribune's "Top Workplaces" list in Minnesota for 2011. NetApp also received a Special Award for Appreciation of Employees. This marks the first time that NetApp appeared on the list and took part in the survey. NetApp is committed to building a model company with a culture that values creativity, teamwork, productivity, leadership, and innovation. NetApp's facility in Edina, Minnesota, which first opened in 1997, is a regional sales and support office.
- NetApp's strong corporate culture, open communication, competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth management style are valued by its employees and have led to the company's consistently high rankings on "Best Workplace" lists around the globe.
- This ranking in Minnesota follows NetApp's #5 ranking in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2011.
- With its #4 ranking in Minnesota, NetApp now ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 15 different regions around the globe, including:
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Canada: #2
- New York City: #2
- Switzerland: #2
- United Kingdom: #2
- France: #4
- Minnesota: #4
- India: #5
- Netherlands: #5
- United States: #5
- Washington, D.C.: #5
- Europe: #6
- Germany: #8
- Japan: #8
- Top Workplaces recognizes the most progressive companies in Minnesota based on employee opinions about company leadership, communication, career opportunities, workplace environment, managerial skills, pay, and benefits. The analysis included responses from over 60,500 employees at Minnesota public, private, and nonprofit organizations.
- NetApp was awarded the 'Appreciation of Employees' award based on responses from NetApp employees giving the highest ranking of all participating companies to questions pertaining to feeling appreciated for their work.
- The rankings in the Star Tribune Top 100 Workplaces list are based on survey information collected by WorkplaceDynamics, an independent company specializing in employee engagement and retention.
- To qualify to be a Star Tribune Top Workplace, a company must have more than 50 employees in Minnesota. Over 1,200 companies were invited to participate. Rankings were composite scores calculated purely on the basis of employee responses.
- The full list of Top Workplaces in Minnesota was published in the June 19 issue of the Star Tribune.
- Matt Ammentorp, regional sales director based in NetApp's Edina office
"Getting selected by the Star Tribune as one of the best places to work in Minnesota in our first year taking part in the survey is fantastic recognition of the outstanding team we have in Edina and how NetApp's unique corporate culture and talented employees help distinguish NetApp in the marketplace. There is also a true passion among our team in Edina for delivering the IT efficiency and flexibility that help our customers and partners take their businesses to the next level."
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Discover NetApp's passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.