BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Jul 14, 2014) - Storiant, the leading provider of cold storage software for data centers, today announced "Cold Snap," a program that lets data center service providers offer secure cold storage services in just 90 days. Recent research found that nearly half (47%) of CIOs pay between $.21 and $.50 per gigabyte per month for on-premises storage of "cold data" -- the less frequently accessed data that makes up 85 percent of all stored information. Storiant makes it possible to offer a service-based alternative at a fraction of the cost.
"Cold storage is hot right now because companies see Amazon offering its public Glacier service for pennies per gigabyte per month," said Yaron Naor, vice president of business development at Storiant. "Data center service providers recognize the need to offer a private cloud alternative to remain competitive, and the Cold Snap program is the answer. Cold storage is the ideal complement to primary storage services, because it is a long-term solution that serves customers year after year."
With Storiant's Cold Snap program, service providers can:
- Launch cold storage services within 90 days, with data retrieval time in seconds/minutes compared to hours/days with Amazon Glacier
- Lower data storage costs to $.01/GB/month
- Take advantage of:
- Special pricing available through September 30, 2014, with available payment terms
- A dedicated support representative to accelerate implementation
- "Drop in" hardware available through third parties (Storiant-certified bill of materials)
How Storiant works
Storiant software is the first storage solution designed specifically for storing cold data on disk. It features:
- Object storage for structured and unstructured data
- Exabyte scalability
- Management of low-cost commodity drives, including new shingled magnetic recording (SMR) disks
- Fast data throughput for migration and big data analytics
- Power down capability that uses 75% less power, plus doubles disk life
- Once-per-year maintenance via sparing
- Eighteen nines of reliability with two copies, plus immutability for compliance
- Easy integration via cloud-ready REST interface and gateways
Target markets & uses
The Cold Snap program is ideal for all providers of infrastructure-as-a-service, such as hosting and co-location data centers. Storiant software is best suited for companies managing greater than one petabyte of data, and providing services for long-term data storage, backup, and disaster recovery.
How to Participate
To learn more, visit our Cold Snap Overview.
Founded in 2012, Storiant is the leading provider of cold storage software for data centers. The company enables data centers to retain exabyte-scale data at 90 percent lower cost than traditional alternatives, rivaling the cost efficiencies and scalability of the public cloud without sacrificing security and control. Storiant is headquartered in Boston, MA.