LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Sept. 3, 2013) - Center Parcs has now released summer 2014 booking availability for its new £250 million village, Woburn Forest, in Bedfordshire; currently under construction and due to open in spring 2014.
From today, guests can book short breaks from the 18th July 2014 onwards and will be able to choose from a stay in one of the 625 forest lodges or a room in the 75 bedroom hotel. Woburn Forest is Center Parcs' fifth UK village, bringing all that Center Parcs has to offer to more families in the UK.
This is the second phase of bookings to be released so far. The first phase got off to a flying start with more than 1,000 bookings made for September 2014 until December 2014.
Colin Whaley, Sales and Marketing Director, Center Parcs UK, said: "With occupancy this summer on existing villages at 99%, we are looking forward to being able to offer even more families in the UK a chance experience what we have to offer once Woburn Forest is open. After the successful release of Woburn Forest autumn bookings earlier this year, we are pleased to now be able to offer guests the opportunity to book a break at Woburn Forest for summer 2014.There is a real buzz around the new village and we hope that families are as excited as we are at the prospect of a short break with us at Woburn Forest next summer."
As construction draws towards completion, more details of the new village are set to be revealed in the coming months. The full details of the extensive range of sports and leisure activities, which will be available at Woburn Forest, are soon to be announced. The reveal of the new Aqua Sana spa is also set for early in the New Year.
All these new and exciting facilities as well as shops, cafes and restaurants are set in 365 acres of beautiful forest.
At the heart of the village will be the stunningly designed Subtropical Swimming Paradise, which is due to be glazed and completed in October 2013. This is where families will be able to spend time enjoying exhilarating water rides, the relaxing lazy river, the wave pool and the outdoor Wild Water Rapids.
2014 summer breaks at Woburn Forest start from £759.
For more information or to make a booking, call 08448 266 266 or visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburn.
Notes to Editors:
Center Parcs Woburn Forest
Center Parcs is the UK's leading short breaks operator and every year over 1.7 million guests stay at the existing four villages each set in 400 acres of woodland. In spring 2014 Center Parcs Woburn Forest will open, a perfect location for families in London and the South East. Once Woburn Forest opens, there will be a Center Parcs within easy reach of a majority of all UK families. This is an opportunity to bring something new to the Center Parcs family with a number of exciting new concepts which will be announced over the next few months.
For more information or to view a 3D visualisation of how Woburn Forest will look at opening visit: www.centerparcs.co.uk/woburnforest.
- There are currently four locations across the UK; Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire), Elveden Forest (Suffolk), Longleat Forest (Wiltshire) and Whinfell Forest (Cumbria)
- A new location (Woburn Forest) is due to open in spring 2014. Construction of Woburn Forest is well underway with only 10% of the trees in the original woodland being removed. Woburn Forest had very poor biodiversity prior to Center Parcs' arrival, now, with a landscape asset manager and ground services manager, the forest is being protected and a long-term plan to improve the biodiversity of the forest is being put in place.
- Center Parcs celebrated its 25th year in summer 2012
- Center Parcs has been awarded the following accolades since 2008: the Green Business Award for Biodiversity Protection, Visit Britain 5 Star Rating, Hospitality Assured, Tommy Award for Best UK Holiday Provider, Biodiversity Benchmark - Land Management, Carbon Trust Standard, Good Spa Guide Award, ISO14001, Investors in People.
- Center Parcs has an average annual occupancy rate of 97%.
- Center Parcs offers short breaks all year round and welcomes over 1.6 million guests each year, 96% of guests expressing an intention to return.