TORONTO, ON--(Marketwired - July 15, 2016) - With thousands of listings of great places to stay and things to see in Ontario, the Summer Fun Guide (www.summerfunguide.ca) is the largest and most complete online Ontario travel guide and vacation directory. It is THE place to find everything you need to plan a fun-filled day, weekend, or week-long vacation in Ontario. From museums and historic sites to amusement centres, festivals, and outdoor adventures, the Summer Fun Guide offers plenty of options to choose from in every region of the province, including something to suit every age group, budget, and interest.
With their in-depth knowledge of the many wonderful attractions and things to do in Ontario, the editors of the Summer Fun Guide have compiled a list of five summertime activities that families can do together and where to go in Ontario to enjoy them. "Ontario is an incredible place to visit, especially for families during the warm summer months when there is so much going on," says Shari Wert, Co-Publisher of Summer Fun Guide. "As parents, we understand that at times, it's not easy to come up with ideas for activities that will appeal to everyone in the family. We want to share a few of our favorite things to do with kids, and suggest some terrific Ontario attractions that will appeal to all family members."
Five Fun Things to Do With Your Family in Ontario this Summer:
- Niagara Falls - Everyone needs to see the Falls at least once in their lifetime. Niagara Falls is not just for tourists. It's a great destination for a family weekend away because there is so much do. Here is just a sample:
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises under the Falls
- Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory
- Journey Behind the Falls
- White Water Walk
- The Crystal Caves - A Mirror Maze Adventure
- Family Fun Farms - Farm animals, wagon rides, play areas, home baking, pick-your-own produce; something for everyone! And really, who doesn't love a day on the farm?
- Downey's Farm Market (Caledon, Ontario)
- Brooks Farms (Mount Albert, Ontario)
- Saunders Farm (Munster, Ontario)
- St. Jacobs Farmers' Market & Flea Market (St. Jacobs, Ontario)
- Clovermead Adventure Farm (Aylmer, Ontario)
- Amusements Parks & Mini Golf - We've selected these Ontario amusement parks and entertainment attractions because each one is in some way quite unique.
- Centreville Family Amusement Park (Toronto, Ontario)
- Eyer Homestead Park & Ropes Challenge Course (Richmond Hill, Ontario)
- Santa's Village Family Entertainment Park (Bracebridge, Ontario)
- Wild Waterworks (Hamilton, Ontario)
- Dinosaur Valley Mini Golf (Sudbury, Ontario)
- Putting Edge Glow-in-the-Dark Mini Golf (Barrie, Ontario)
- Go See the Animals - Kids of all ages love animals. Here are some Ontario zoos and animal parks we like.
- African Lion Safari (Cambridge, Ontario)
- Jungle Cat World Zoological Park (Orono, Ontario)
- Toronto Zoo Giant Panda Cubs Exhibit (Toronto, Ontario)
- Killman Zoo (Caledonia, Ontario)
- Elmvale Jungle Zoo (Elmville, Ontario)
- White Water Rafting, Ziplining & Kayaking Trips - Get the adrenalin pumping with these exciting Ontario adventure excursions and activities.
- Wilderness Tours Rafting & Kayaking (Ottawa River, Ontario)
- RiverRun Rafting (Forest Falls, Ontario)
- MHO Adventures - Guided Paddling Trips (Various locations)
- Canoeing The Grand (Kitchener, Ontario)
- Long Point Eco-Adventures (St. Williams, Ontario)
- 1000 Islands Kayaking (Gananoque, Ontario)
- Eco-Odyssée (Ottawa- Gatineau)
- Treetop Trekking - Zip Line & Aerial Game Parks (Barrie, Ontario)
About Summer Fun Guide: Summer Fun Guide is a comprehensive online guide for Ontario tourists & residents with over 3000 listings. For easy reference, the guide is divided into 7 Ontario regions, with up to 16 categories in each, such as Accommodations, Museums, Galleries & Historic Sites, Sightseeing Tours, Attractions, Outdoor Adventures, and more. Many of the Summer Fun Guide listings are hot-linked so visitors can get further information fast. Looking for something to do on a particular day or area? You can search for Ontario events by date and by town/city. The Summer Fun Guides also provides helpful travel information and dozens of valuable coupons that can save you money. Visitors can even create their own Summer Fun Itinerary on the site for future reference. From public parks to boat cruises, food tours and more, the Summer Fun Guide has everything you need to plan a week-long holiday or fun day in Ontario. Visit www.summerfunguide.ca and start planning your next Ontario adventure.