OSCEOLA, WI--(Marketwired - May 12, 2014) - Through its new website www.StandUpSisters.com, Aqua-Bound Stand-Up paddles are encouraging women to nominate their Super Sisters -- the women that they count on to stand up for them and support them, no matter the issue.
Aqua-Bound, which recently expanded its line of stand-up paddles, is sponsoring the contest to acknowledge that standing up for each other is a very real way to create a community of women. According to Aqua-Bound Marketing Manager Pat Trepp, "The phrase 'stand up' definitely has several meanings. While we align it with our new paddles used in stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), it also carries the powerful meanings of support, inspiration and a healthy outlook on life," she says.
To nominate their SuperSister, women can go to www.StandUpSisters.com to get the nomination form. SuperSisters don't need to be biological sisters. "We're actually waiting for someone to nominate their dog," says Trepp. Prizes include: grand prize is a free spa day for the winning SuperSister, and three runners-up receive a free Aqua-Bound Freedom stand-up paddle. The contest runs through July 15, 2014.
Here are excerpts from some of the early SuperSister nominations:
- "She is my cousin by blood, but my sister by choice. She has been through so much yet she still worries about me."
- "My SuperSister embodies strength, smarts and beauty. She is an intelligent business woman and a wonderful role model for my daughters."
- "She is my super sister because she is a cancer survivor of two years."
- "She has been an advocate for my son. My son has Cystic Fibrosis and she has been a huge supporter for him financially, and brings awareness for him and others."
- "We push each other to be the best version of ourselves physically and mentally without ever judging when the other slips up. Friends are family you choose, so she is my sister."
www.StandUpSisters.com is designed to provide inspiration and support for women who believe in taking time to center themselves, mind, body and soul. For many, SUP has become the solution. Aqua-Bound, which manufactures a full line of SUP paddles, encourages all women to explore all that makes paddleboarding the fastest-growing sport on the planet.
Known as "hoe he'e nalu" in the Hawaiian language, SUP has an undeniable Polynesian ancestry, and is an offshoot of the 1960s surfing culture of Hawaii. In 2004, a Vietnam veteran brought the sport of SUP to California. The sport then migrated up the west coast and along the southeastern US coast. "Now, stand-up paddleboarding is moving inland to lakes and rivers -- really wherever there's a body of water," Trepp said. "And its popularity is growing every day."
For more information on Aqua-Bound Stand-Up paddles, call (866) 755-3405, visit www.StandUpSisters.com, e-mail StandUpSisters@aquabound.com, or write to 812 Prospect Court, Osceola, WI 54020-8163.