BOBCAYGEON, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 25, 2014) - Department of Canadian Heritage
The Government of Canada has provided the Bobcaygeon Music Council with $10,000 through the Canada Arts Presentation Fund to present their year-round music series, Music Alive. The series will present shows from April 2014 to March 2015 at various concert locations in the Kawartha Lakes area of Ontario.
The announcement was made today by Barry Devolin, Member of Parliament (Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock), on behalf of Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages Shelly Glover.
- The Bobcaygeon Music Council is a not-for-profit presenter that brings professional classical and jazz performers to the Kawartha Lakes area through their year-round Music Alive series.
- Music Alive presents five to six performances annually.
- Expected annual attendance for the organization's activities is 1000.
"I believe it is very important to support our artists. From coast to coast to coast, artists and creators are at work creating music, books, films, and much more. The fruits of their labour enrich our communities, inspire us, and make us proud, and I'm pleased that our Government is investing in their efforts."
- Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
"Our Government is pleased to partner with the organizations who are working so hard to ensure that arts, culture and heritage in Ontario continue to flourish and make this province a wonderful place to live."
- Barry Devolin, Member of Parliament (Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock)
"The Bobcaygeon Music Council is committed to enriching the musical life of our community and schools. As an organization, we are extremely grateful for the support Canadian Heritage has provided to our Music Alive concert series. This grant enables us to take our programming further and have an even greater impact on the arts and culture experience that we provide to the community. Thank you!"
- Cicela Månsson - Artistic Director/General Manager
Bobcaygeon Music Council
Canada Arts Presentation Fund
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr.