LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 11, 2016) - Swagbucks, the web's leading rewards program, today released the findings from its 2016 Holiday Shopping survey, revealing how consumers are saving, spending, and planning for the upcoming holiday season. Over 20,000 respondents participated in the survey.
According to the survey's findings, more respondents (45%) plan to spend the most on their children, as compared to their spouse (26%), parents (15%), or siblings (7%). In the spirit of the season, the survey also revealed that the majority of parents (56%) who receive "Dear Santa" wish lists from their children will write back as Santa.
"Whether you're saving up for that coveted gadget or preparing an elaborate holiday dinner for out-of-towners, the holidays can be a stressful and expensive time of year," said Sarah Aibel, VP of Marketing at Swagbucks. "As Swagbucks members prepare for the holiday season, they can earn cash and gift cards by shopping or doing other everyday activities, like taking surveys and watching videos, to help cushion their wallets and bring the holidays back to what it's really all about, family and friends."
Additional key findings from the 2016 Holiday Shopping survey include:
- Consumers find their holiday presents online
- 62% of consumers will shop online
- 38% plan to shop in-store
- Fall: 'Tis the season for shopping
- The most popular time to begin holiday shopping starts in the fall. 33% of respondents begin checking off their lists at that time.
- Out of those, 30% start shopping on Black Friday or Cyber Monday
- The boss shouldn't get his or her hopes up this year
- Only 25% of consumers will buy a holiday gift for their boss
- Out of those, 90% plan to spend less than $50
- The iPhone reigns supreme as the most desired tech gift
- 39% of shoppers would splurge on the new iPhone 7 if money were no object
- 14% would prefer the Apple Watch 4
- 14% would opt for the Xbox One S
- 13% desire the Google Home smart speaker
- Gift Cards remain very popular
- 75% of respondents plan on giving a gift card this year
For more insights on how shoppers are saving and preparing for the holiday season, visit
Swagbucks is the web's leading rewards program, rewarding its 19+ million members with free gift cards for their everyday activities and purchases online. Members use Swagbucks.com's website and mobile apps to search, shop, watch videos, take surveys and more, earning points that are redeemable for gift cards to major retailers including Amazon and Walmart. To date, Swagbucks has awarded more than $150 million in gift cards to its members and counting. Swagbucks also empowers hundreds of retail partners like Amazon, Walmart, Target and many more, as well as premium content providers like AOL and Hulu, to reach its active, engaged members. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Swagbucks is a subsidiary of Prodege, LLC, and partner site to MyGiftCardsPlus. For more information, please visit www.swagbucks.com.