SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwired - Sep 4, 2014) - Syntonic, a sponsored data and connected services provider, today launched nationwide connected education services for K-12 students. The new Syntonic On-Ramp Education Services integrates district and school managed educational content, nationwide AT&T 4G connectivity, and mobile devices to provide students with equal access to online educational resources and learning tools -- anywhere and anytime.
The Highline Public Schools in Washington state, which serves nearly 19,000 K-12 students in 39 schools immediately south of Seattle, is the first school district in the country to deploy Syntonic On-Ramp Education Services. Beginning today, Syntonic will provide more than 1,000 Highline Public School students with mobile broadband access to online class assignments, learning tools and other digital educational content using HP Chromebooks with embedded 4G radios.
"Syntonic On-Ramp Education Services is bridging the access divide, one student at a time, and demonstrates the versatility of our Connected Services Platform to create new, more economical and efficient nationwide access to online education," said Syntonic CEO Gary Greenbaum. "We're excited about the opportunity to help Highline and other school districts across the U.S. achieve equal access to digital learning for all students."
Highline Public Schools serves a community of more than 140,000 residents and is rolling out the new Syntonic services using sponsored data as a component of a 1:1 program intended to ensure that over 1,000 Highline Public School students have full and equal access to online educational resources. Currently, more than 50 percent of the Highline students participating in this On-Ramp Education Services deployment lack dedicated Internet connectivity at home, preventing them from accessing online educational resources and adaptive learning tools when they're away from school.
"Technology is transforming education at Highline Public Schools. Off-campus connectivity for Highline students is essential for them to achieve the district's scholastic achievement goals as outlined by our community and in our strategic plan," said Mark Finstrom, CTO for the Highline School District. "The Syntonic connected education service solves that problem and gives Highline Public Schools an efficient, flexible and reliable technology platform to deliver and manage online education resources."
Syntonic On-Ramp Education Services Features and Benefits
- Seamless integration into existing IT workflows, accelerating integration and minimizing costs.
- Syntonic browser-based administrative portal to manage access policies and student usage analytics.
- Managed 4G sponsored data access, exclusively focused on the apps, content and web sites permitted by the school's curriculum administrators.
- Flexible and fine grain access policies including time-of-day, geolocation, and usage, managed by school, grade level, classroom, and individual student.
- AT&T's nationwide wireless network coverage for reliable student access to academic resources from urban to rural locations lacking fixed-line networks.
- Cloud-based policy enforcement supporting any student device without requiring modification to the computing hardware, application, or network configuration -- ensuring there is no additional work for already overburdened school IT departments.
Syntonic On-Ramp Education Services is built on the company's Connected Services Platform, a cloud-based content delivery and management system that also serves as the underlying technology platform for the company's sponsored data and enterprise services. For more information, please contact Syntonic at email@example.com.
Syntonic is a technology platform provider enabling new commercial models for anytime-anywhere Internet connectivity on mobile devices. Syntonic offers multi-carrier sponsored data support, and other connected services that enable new revenue opportunities for content publishers, application developers, mobile operators, device manufacturers, system integrators, and others in the mobile value chain. As an in-network, cloud-managed service, the Syntonic Connected Services Platform targets any network, application and mobile computing device without requiring any modifications. For more information on how Syntonic can enhance your business, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.