SCOTTSDALE, AZ--(Marketwired - Jan 8, 2014) - TASER (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced multiple orders of its TASER® brand conducted electrical weapons (CEWs) and its next generation Smart Weapons. The bulk of the orders were shipped in the fourth quarter of 2013, with the remainder of the orders shipping in the first quarter of 2014.
"We continue to see growing momentum as the market transitions to our new TASER Smart Weapon platforms, which offer significant improvements in safety, effectiveness, and accountability," said Rick Smith, Founder & Chief Executive Officer. "Customer reactions to our new Smart Weapons have been very positive, with a host of orders driving a strong finish to 2013."
Significant new TASER Weapon deployments:
- Atlanta Police Department (GA): 100 TASER® X2™ Smart Weapons
- Birmingham Police Department (AL): 319 TASER® X26P™ Smart Weapons
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Office of Law Enforcement Services: 185 TASER X2 Smart Weapons and TASER CAM HD recorders, upgrade
- Columbus Police Department (OH): 340 TASER X26P Smart Weapons, upgrade
- Forsyth County Sheriff's Office (GA): 200 TASER X26P Smart Weapons
- Henrico County Police Department (VA): 150 TASER X2 Smart Weapons and TASER Cam HD recorders
- Illinois State Police Department: 118 TASER X2 Smart Weapons and TASER Cam HD recorders
- Nassau County Police Department (NY): 350 TASER X26P Smart Weapons
- Pittsburgh Bureau of Police (PA): 300 TASER X26P Smart Weapons
- Raleigh Firing Range (NC): 400 TASER X26P Smart Weapons, upgrade
- Riverside County Sheriff's Department (CA): 400 TASER X2 Smart Weapons, upgrade
- San Bernardino County Probation Department (CA): 400 TASER X26P Smart Weapons
- Two International Customers: 1,538 TASER® X26™ CEWs
- International Customer: 260 TASER X2 Smart Weapons
Additional agencies deploying TASER SMART Weapons:
- Bartow Police Department (FL): X26Ps, upgrade
- Caruthersville Police Department (MO): X2s with TASER Assurance Plan, upgrade
- Crawford County Sheriff's Department (IN): X26Ps
- East Hartford Police Department (CT): X26Ps
- Fredericksburg Police Department (VA): X2s
- Georgia Parole Board: X26Ps
- Gray's Harbor County Sheriff's Department (WA): X2s with TASER Assurance Plan, upgrade
- Hazleton Police Department (PA): X2s
- Irving Police Department (TX): X2s, upgrade
- Johns Creek Police Department (GA): X2s
- Kenosha Police Department (WI): X26Ps, upgrade
- Lebanon Police Department (MO): X26Ps
- Marshall County Sheriff's Office (IA): X2s
- Monroe County Sheriff's Department (PA): X2s
- Montezuma County Detention Facility (CO): X2s with TASER Assurance Plan, upgrade
- Montezuma County Sheriff's Office (CO): X2s with TASER Assurance Plan
- Moorhead Police Department (MN): X2s with TASER Cam HD recorders, upgrade
- Mountlake Terrace Police Department (WA): X26Ps with TASER Assurance Plan, upgrade
- Munster Police Department (IN): X2s, upgrade
- Naperville Police Department (IL): X26Ps
- New Orleans Police Department (LA): X26Ps with TASER Cam HD recorders, upgrade
- New York City Sheriff's Department (NY): X2s
- North Port Police Department (FL): X26Ps, upgrade
- Plaquemines Parish Sheriff's Office (LA): X26Ps
- Reading Police Department (OH): X26Ps, upgrade
- Russellville Police Department (KY): X26Ps
- Sarasota Criminal Justice Academy (FL): X2s, upgrade
- Shreveport Police Academy (LA): X26Ps, upgrade
- Wichita Police Department (KS): X2s, upgrade
TASER Social Media Links
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER protects life: TASER Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) have saved more than 118,000 lives from potential death or serious injury. TASER protects truth: We enable greater transparency with the industry-leading TASER CAM and AXON on-officer video systems. Together with our customers, we are defining the future of smart policing by connecting intelligent devices and sensors with the first secure cloud-based digital evidence management solution for law enforcement: EVIDENCE.com.
Since 1994, more than 260,000 private individuals have relied on TASER technology to protect themselves and their loved ones. Learn more about TASER and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26™, TASER X26P™, TASER X2™, TASER CAM™ HD, and AXON flex™ are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.