SCOTTSDALE, AZ--(Marketwired - Apr 3, 2013) - TASER (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced multiple orders of its TASER Smart Weapons as its Telesales Group, formed in mid-2012, delivered record bookings of $3.3 million from small-size law enforcement agencies in the first quarter.
The orders below include both orders from the telesales team and from other channels of distribution. These orders shipped in the first quarter or are expected to ship in the second quarter.
Significant new TASER deployments:
- Manatee County Sheriff's Office (FL) - 329 TASER® X26P™ Weapons Upgrade
- Stanislaus County Sheriff Department (CA) - 270 X26Ps
- Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZ) - 235 TASER® X2™ Upgrade
- Leon County (FL) - 200 X2s Upgrade
- Anchorage Police Department (AK) - 172 X2s Upgrade
- Melbourne Police Department (FL) - 170 X2s Upgrade
- A Federal Law Enforcement Agency 100 X26Ps Upgrade
- Charles County Sheriff's Office (MD) - 100 X2s Partial Upgrade
- Atlanta Police Airport Division (GA) - 105 X2s and 105 TASER CAM™ HD recorders
- Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission (FL) - 170 TASER® X26™ units
- California State University (CA) - 133 X26Ps and 19 X26s
- Mesa Police Department (AZ) - 115 X2s Upgrade
- Warren County Sheriff's Office (OH) - 93 X26Ps Upgrade
- Nassau County Sheriff's Department (FL) - 82 X26Ps Upgrade
- San Bernardino Police Department (CA) - 67 X26Ps
- El Segundo Police Department (CA) - 62 X6Ps Upgrade
- Maplewood Police Department (MN) - 53 X26Ps Upgrade
- Maui Police Department (HI) - 40 X2s
- Pomona Police Department (CA) - 25 X26Ps Upgrade
- New York State Park Police (NY) - 25 X2s
- Brentwood Police Department (CA) - 22 X26Ps Upgrade with 22 TASER CAM HD recorders
- Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety (CA) - 21 X26Ps Upgrade
- Mercy Hospital Safety and Security (MO) - 20 X2s with 20 TASER CAM HD recorders
- Midland County Sheriff's Office (MI) - 20 X26Ps
- Rogers County Sheriff's Department (OK) - 20 X2s
- Morro Bay Police Department (CA) - 18 X2s with 18 TASER CAM HD recorders Upgrade
Additional agencies deploying TASER® Smart Weapons:
- Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office (LA) - X2
- Cedar Falls Police Department (IA) - X26P
- Columbus County Sheriff's Office (NC) - X26P
- Dakota County Sheriff's Office (MN) - X26P Upgrade
- Fishers Police Department (IN) - X26P Upgrade
- Georgia Department of Corrections Fugitive Division (GA) - X26P
- Gresham Police Department (OR) X26P Upgrade
- Illinois Central College Police Department (IL) - X2 with TASER CAM HD recorders
- Jefferson County Sheriff's Office (KY) X2 with TASER CAM HD recorders
- Macon County Sheriff's Office (MO) - X26P
- Manassas Park Police Department (VA) - X26P
- Moorehead Police Department (MN) - X2 with TASER CAM HD recorders Upgrade
- Morristown Police Department (TN) - X26P
- North Cornwall Township Police Department (PA) - X26P
- University of Louisville Police Department (KY) - X2
"I am particularly proud of Bob Lovering and the team he has built in telesales, which over the past few quarters has grown from startup to achieve record bookings of more than $3.3 million in smaller agencies in the first quarter of 2013," said Jeff Kukowski, Chief Marketing Officer of TASER International. "The telesales group was formed to offer a higher level of customer engagement for the smaller agencies which collectively make up the largest segment of law enforcement in North America. This is a very positive response from these customers to this new team dedicated to providing the best 'TASER Experience' to all of our customers -- regardless of agency size. Bob's team is a great example of our increased focus on operational excellence and customer engagement, bringing enhanced service to our customers while increasing the consistency and predictability of our overall business," concluded Kukowski.
TASER Social Media Links
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER protects life. TASER Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) have saved more than 100,000 lives from potential death or serious injury. We enable greater transparency with the industry-leading TASER CAM and AXON Flex on-officer video systems. Together with our customers, we are defining the future of smart policing by connecting intelligent devices and sensors with the first secure cloud-based digital evidence management solution for law enforcement: EVIDENCE.com.
Since 1994, more than 26,000 private individuals have relied on TASER technology to protect themselves and their loved ones. Learn more about TASER and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.EVIDENCE.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER® is a registered trademark of TASER International, Inc., registered in the U.S. All rights reserved. TASER logo, TASER X26™, TASER X2™, TASER X26P™, TASER CAM™ HD, Trilogy™ Logs, and AXON Flex™ are trademarks of TASER International, Inc.
Note to Investors
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Erin Curtis by phone at 480-515-6330 or via email at IR@TASER.com.