Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency

February 21, 2008 10:00 ET

Tax Tip: CRA-Service Complaints

Did you know...

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 21, 2008) - That the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has introduced a new complaint resolution process called CRA - Service Complaints? This new process will make the CRA more transparent and accountable and will provide individual and business taxpayers and benefit recipients with an additional level of confidence in their dealings with the CRA.

If you are not satisfied with the service you have received from the CRA, you have the right to make a formal complaint. You should first try to resolve the issue with the CRA employee you have been dealing with. If you remain dissatisfied, talk to the employee's supervisor. If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint is being handled, you have the right to make a formal complaint about mistakes, undue delays, poor or misleading information, or staff behaviour through CRA - Service Complaints.

For more information, visit

Contact Information

  • Canada Revenue Agency
    Catherine Jolicoeur
    Media relations