Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency

March 26, 2014 12:31 ET

Tax Tip: Making a Payment

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - March 26, 2014) -

Did you know?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers online payment methods that make paying taxes as easy as paying your hydro or phone bill.

Payment methods

There are several ways to make a payment to the CRA.

1. Online banking: Use your financial institution's online banking service and select The Canada Revenue Agency in the list of payees. We may also be listed as:

  • Revenue Canada;
  • CRA Payment on Filing; or
  • Receiver General.

Make sure you correctly identify the type of account, your social insurance number or business number, and the reporting period or tax year of your payment.

2. Debit card: Use My Payment, CRA's online payment service. It allows individuals and businesses to make payments using Interac® Online. You may qualify to use this method if you have an online banking account with one of the following institutions:

  • BMO Bank of Montreal (personal accounts only);
  • TD Canada Trust;
  • Scotiabank; or
  • RBC Royal Bank.

3. In person: You can make your payment in person at your financial institution in Canada. To do this, you will need a personalized remittance voucher, which you can ask for online through My Account or Quick Access.

4. By mail: You can also mail your payment to the CRA. Send your cheque or money order (payable to the Receiver General), along with your remittance voucher, to:

Canada Revenue Agency
875 Heron Road
Ottawa ON K1A 1B1

5. Non-resident payments: You can pay by wire transfer if you are a non-resident who does not have a Canadian bank account.

For more information, go to

Stay connected

To receive updates when new information is added to our website, you can:

• Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.

• Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.

• Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.

You can also watch our tax-related videos on YouTube.

Contact Information

  • Noel Carisse
    Media Relations
    Canada Revenue Agency