Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency

February 02, 2011 13:15 ET

Tax Tip/Plan on Using My Account, My Business Account, or Represent a Client? You'll Need a CRA User ID and Password

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 2, 2011) -

Did you know…

…that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has replaced the Government of Canada epass service with a new, secure CRA login service? 

Important facts

On October 4, 2010, the CRA transitioned from using the epass Canada service to its own, secure online authentication service. The new CRA user ID and password are now used to access the CRA's My Account, My Business Account, and Represent a Client online services. If you use these services or plan on using them, you'll need to get a CRA user ID and password. 

If you were an epass service user, you'll be able to transition your account as long as you have your five CRA security questions and answers on file. When you log in, you'll be directed through a transition process that includes:

  • entering your access code and postal code if transitioning through Represent a Client, or entering your social insurance number and date of birth if transitioning through My Account or My Business Account;

  • answering three security questions that you previously created; and

  • creating a new CRA user ID and password.

If you don't have your five CRA security questions and answers on file, or if you're using the CRA online services for the first time, you'll need to complete a new registration process.

Represent a Client users will not be required to re-register for a RepID or resubmit authorization forms for their clients.
The CRA is committed to providing taxpayers with encrypted, secure, online options for managing their tax affairs. 

Contact Information

  • Canada Revenue Agency
    Noel Carisse
    Media Relations
    Office of the Minister of National Revenue
    Erin Filliter
    Director of Communications