Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency

March 23, 2010 14:13 ET

Tax Tip: Services for Taxpayers

Did you know...

OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 23, 2010) - … that you can get help to complete your 2009 income tax and benefit return? That you can have quick, easy, and secure access to your tax information? That there may be an easier way to apply for your benefits? You can do all that and more with the various services that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers.
  • Electronic services:
    • To file a return, use CRA services such as NETFILE, EFILE (if you use the services of a tax preparer), or TELEFILE.
    • To get more information on general tax matters and manage your personal tax affairs online, use CRA services such as My Account and Quick Access.
    • To make payments or to arrange refund and benefit payments, use CRA electronic payment services such as My Payment and direct deposit.
  • Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP): If you qualify for the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program and have a simple tax situation, a trained volunteer will help you complete your 2009 income tax and benefit return. For more information, go to or call 1-800-959-8281.
  • Inquiry services: If you have questions or are looking for information for individuals about things such as income tax, instalment payments, registered retirement savings plans, and the working income tax benefit, contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281.
  • Service complaints: If you are not satisfied with the service that you have received and you have not been able to resolve your complaint by talking to us, you have the right to make a formal complaint by completing Form RC193, Service-Related Complaint.

For more information on CRA services available to taxpayers, go to

Contact Information

  • Canada Revenue Agency
    Noel Carisse
    Media Relations