OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Oct. 18, 2012) -
Did you know?
While Small Business Week comes only once a year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) recognizes the unique needs of small businesses and continues to find ways to help them do business all year long.
New and improved services at a glance
The list of services and tools offered to businesses by the CRA just keeps growing. Here are some improvements being brought online:
- The CRA has added and improved a number of features, such as new result screens, to the Payroll Deductions Online Calculator to serve businesses better.
- The new RC366 form tackles the red tape burden by letting businesses request direct deposit for GST/HST, Payroll and/or Corporation Income Tax to one or multiple bank accounts - all on one form.
- The CRA has increased the number of information returns a business can file, from 50 to 100, in a single submission using the CRA's Web Forms application - fast, easy, and secure.
- Every service in My Business Account now has sidebar links to the Message Centre, making the service even easier to navigate.
- Some businesses are now able to electronically submit certain documents, when requested by the CRA, to support their T2 return.
- My Business Account users are able to view their original online enquiries at any time, by using reference numbers.
- Most businesses can file their GST190, GST/HST New Housing Rebate Application for Houses Purchased from a Builder, electronically.
- Businesses can electronically elect to use the quick method of accounting for GST/HST filings.
The CRA is always exploring new and innovative services and options for businesses. Stay up to date by visiting www.cra.gc.ca/businessonline.
To receive updates when new information is added to our Web site, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
You can also visit our YouTube Channel for tax-related videos.