CEDAR RAPIDS, IA--(Marketwired - Jan 2, 2014) - TaxACT®, the value leader in tax preparation solutions, will be giving away approximately $30,000 in cash and prizes in the "You Got This" Sweepstakes. The sweepstakes began yesterday and will continue through March 7.
"The phrase 'You Got This' is about having the confidence to accomplish anything you want," said TaxACT president JoAnn Kintzel. "This year's sweepstakes celebrates accomplishments big and small, including doing your own taxes. We hope the prizes help winners be successful in their next achievement, whether that be opening a business, paying off a college loan or buying a new home appliance."
Two winners will be randomly drawn each week, with a total of 18 prizes awarded over the course of the sweepstakes:
- Two first prize winners will each receive a $5,000 cash prize.
- Seven second prize winners will each receive a $2,500 cash prize.
- Three third prize winners will each receive a home theater system worth approximately $250 or a prize of equivalent value.
- Three fourth prize winners will each receive a sport action camera worth approximately $180 or a prize of equivalent value.
- Three fifth prize winners will each receive Bluetooth headphones worth approximately $80 or a prize of equivalent value.
Each legal resident of the U.S. can enter by liking TaxACT on Facebook or sharing the sweepstakes with others on Facebook or Twitter, for a total of two entries per person.
Last year, TaxACT gave away more than $15,000 to 16 winners during its Student Loan Relief and Cash Prize Giveaway Sweepstakes.
For more information and to enter the "You Got This" Sweepstakes, visit https://apps.facebook.com/taxactsweepstakes/. Must be 18 or older and a US or DC resident to enter. Promotion is subject to the Official Rules, found at https://apps.facebook.com/taxactsweepstakes/. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited.
TaxACT is the critically acclaimed leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. Since 2000, TaxACT has assisted with more than 45 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of Blucora, Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOR). Learn more about TaxACT at www.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.