AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwire - Jun 15, 2012) - In the midst of one of the golf industry's biggest weeks, TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company today announced a unique partnership with Mass Relevance -- the technology leader in social curation and integration -- on a breakthrough, first-of-its-kind social experience to drive golfer social engagement for the championship this week. Through Mass Relevance, TaylorMade will offer golf fans an innovative online destination to engage, interact with and create social buzz around the U.S. Open, key players and even media covering the event.
The announcement follows TaylorMade's decision earlier this year to be the first golf brand to launch a social media strategy into their traditional advertising when promoting the #DriverLove campaign around the launch of its R11S driver. The experience, a social media aggregator which complements TaylorMade's overall marketing strategy around the U.S. Open, also places TaylorMade top of mind with fans -- and shoppers -- as the key Father's Day shopping week wraps up. This experience can be viewed at www.taylormadegolf.com/usopen.
"An integrated social strategy is key to our marketing efforts and driving fan engagement," said Bob Maggiore, TaylorMade chief marketing officer. "We started 2012 with the #DriverLove campaign, and this U.S. Open social hub powered by Mass Relevance brings a whole new interactive social experience to golf fans all over the world. Bringing the fans closer to the players is a win-win for everyone."
The partnership with Mass Relevance allows TaylorMade to pull the world's relevant social conversations happening on Twitter surrounding the U.S. Open into an online experience connecting fans, athletes and television viewers. The online experience debuts several innovative marketing features to drive brand awareness and engage golf fans with the TaylorMade brand, including:
- A microsite experience on the TaylorMade website that contains three social integration points, powered by Mass Relevance;
- A "Join the Conversation" feature, which is a multi-stream visualization that will showcase social conversations around #USOPEN. Using this feature, fans can sort between viewing tweets with the hashtag #USOPEN, official @TaylorMadeGolf brand tweets or tweets from the media around the event;
- A "Show Your Support" integration, which is a visualization encouraging participation from fans and consumers in the form of tweeting or Following favorite golf pros;
- A "What the Pros are Wearing" feature, which is a polling product that highlights three new outfits everyday from the tour. Each outfit includes a shirt, pants, belt and shoes. Fans are also prompted to vote for their favorite style, and can compare their choices by rolling over the outfit to see where it ranks in the polls. They also have the option to click to "buy now"; and
- Once fans Tweet from the experience there is also a pre-populated URL that then drives people back to the site experience.
"TaylorMade understands that traditional media can no longer standalone, and participation is in," said Sam Decker, CEO of Mass Relevance. "Golfers love to share their passion for the game and this experience gives them a chance to be part of the conversations around the U.S. Open from fans all over the world."
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands: adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade, Rockport and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 46,000 employees and generated sales of over EUR 13 billion in 2011.
About TaylorMade-adidas Golf
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company sells golf clubs, balls, clothing and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company posted 2011 sales of over EUR 1.0 billion.
About Mass Relevance
Based in Austin, Texas, Mass Relevance enables entertainment, media, retail, and manufacturing brands to drive real-time engagement through social curation and integration. The company provides a flexible, robust platform to facilitate audience and consumer interactions in a relevant, moderated way that is proven to deliver measurable results. Brands using Mass Relevance include NBC Sports, Thomson Reuters, Al Jazeera MTV Networks, Cisco, Samsung, Target, Victoria's Secret, Pepsi, and Golden Globe Awards.
The company is privately held with venture capital funding. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.massrelevance.com, on Facebook and at Twitter.