BEAVERTON, OR--(Marketwire - Oct 15, 2012) - Tektronix, an industry-leading innovator of video quality monitoring solutions, will show its latest video quality monitoring capabilities and demonstrate to cable television engineers and other attendees at the upcoming Cable-Tec Expo how they can comply with the Commercial Advertising Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act using the company's expanding suite of CALM Act solutions.
"Loud commercials are soon to be a thing of the past as the clock is ticking for cable operators to meet the FCC's requirement for complying with the CALM Act beginning this December 13," said Eben Jenkins, general manager, Video Product Line, Tektronix. "Unlike other vendors, we clearly recognized the act's potential impact early on, so we began developing our CALM solutions long before it had been approved by Congress and finally signed into law in 2011. Our comprehensive suite of CALM Act solutions is already being used by operators nationwide -- most notably our Sentry family of monitors which is currently deployed by 9 of the top 10 U.S. cable operators to comply with the act."
The company's CALM-related demonstrations at Cable-Tec Expo include:
- How its Sentry Assure enables cost-effective CALM compliance monitoring at post-splice points with robust loudness monitoring and the extensive reporting capabilities required by the FCC.
- The ability for operators to perform CALM Quick Checks by monitoring for audio loudness issues on their set-top boxes (STB) using the company's WFM/WVR5250 line of waveform monitors.
- How operators can automatically correct audio loudness issues with their video on demand (VOD) assets with Cerify®, the first fully automatic quality control system for file-based video.
In addition to its CALM Act demonstrations, the company will also highlight the latest video monitoring capabilities of its products at the show, including:
- How cable operators can use Sentry to continually monitor the 10 Gigabit portions of their networks in real time for video and audio impairments.
- The post-QAM RF monitoring capabilities of the recently launched Sentry Edge II, which features up to 8 tuners -- the most in the industry -- and analyzer-quality QAM RF measurement capabilities.
- How operators can help ensure the picture and audio quality of their over-the-top (OTT) services using Sentry's advanced quality of experience (QoE) and unique Perceptual Video Quality (PVQ) monitoring capabilities to identify issues in their H.264 content created when transcoding from MPEG-2 to H.264.
- The new alert dashboard of the Medius management application, which enables faster and more accurate diagnosis and reports of issues occurring anywhere in the network.
For more information about the Sentry product line of video quality monitors visit http://www.tek.com/video-quality-monitors or call 310.227.8620.
Wonder what else Tektronix is up to? Stay up to date on Twitter and Facebook.
For more than sixty-five years, engineers have turned to Tektronix for test, measurement and monitoring solutions to solve design challenges, improve productivity and dramatically reduce time to market. Tektronix is a leading supplier of test equipment for engineers focused on electronic design, manufacturing, and advanced technology development. Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, Tektronix serves customers worldwide and offers award-winning service and support. Stay on the leading edge at www.tektronix.com.
Tektronix is a registered trademark of Tektronix, Inc. All other trade names referenced are the service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.