RUEIL-MALMAISON, FRANCE--(Marketwire - Dec 7, 2012) - Telvent GIT, S.A., a leading real-time IT solutions and information provider for a sustainable world, announced today that after a year and half migration period, Telvent has now completed its brand integration with Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management, with leadership positions in utilities, infrastructure, industry, buildings and data centers. With over 22.4 billion euros in sales and more than 130,000 employees worldwide, Schneider Electric helps make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green for its customers around the world.
According to Telvent's Chairman and CEO, Ignacio Gonzalez, "After a productive, exciting and successful integration period, we are proud to be known as Schneider Electric. Together, we can now further improve the efficiency of mission critical infrastructures and continue our focus helping customers with the challenges of building a sustainable world for future generations."
"Schneider Electric customers can look forward to the same solutions they know and trust, and they can now benefit from new enhancements and offerings made possible through the unique synergies and collective strengths we now share with Telvent," said Michel Crochon, Executive Vice President, Infrastructure Business, Schneider Electric. "We truly believe our new combination brings unique values to our customers and is an ideal strategic fit for our existing services and continued growth."
Telvent brings a high value-added solution capability and a whole range of software to pilot Schneider Electric's own solutions for energy and process management, taking the efficiency of mission critical infrastructures to the new era of smart infrastructures, like the smart grid. All of Telvent's business units have now successfully transitioned to the Schneider Electric brand, with the exception of the agriculture division, which will retain the Telvent DTN/The Progressive Farmer brand as part of the go-to-market strategy.
The companies share a strong and deep commitment to efficiency and sustainability. The integration of Telvent into Schneider Electric has created stronger solution offerings and new business enhancements for customers across the globe.
- Within Smart Grid, the integration is now providing a complete medium and low-voltage portfolio that combines with a full set of real-time operations management software for a more reliable, efficient and secure grid.
- For Oil and Gas infrastructures, the combined offering now encompasses station to enterprise-level solutions to create comprehensive and integrated solutions in both midstream and downstream.
- For Water and Wastewater, the joint offering now provides interoperable solutions for smarter decision making throughout the water cycle, reduction of losses and implementation of smarter water networks.
- In Weather, the integration now offers advanced weather information that enables optimization of renewables integration into the electrical grid in energy, but also provides optimization information to the transportation, water and many other applications.
- Within Transportation, the combined offering creates a leading SmartMobility solution with improved management of multi-model transport networks via integration of field security solutions, systems, IT infrastructure and information services. It also adds a new value to the SmartCity offering by enabling better management of cities, increased sustainability and security, and improved services to residents.
- Telvent's strong Agriculture and Global Services business areas will continue to produce smart solutions and expand offerings to facilitate global growth.
The company's global presence also will expand, leveraging Schneider Electric's world presence in more than 100 countries.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.