SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - September 29, 2016) - The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, today announced the schedule for MesosCon Asia, taking place November 18-19 in Hangzhou, China.
2016 is the first time MesosCon comes to Asia, after previously taking place annually in North America and Europe. The annual conference is organized by the Apache Mesos community, bringing together users and developers to share and learn about the project and its growing ecosystem.The conference will feature two days of sessions to learn more about the Apache Mesos core, an ecosystem developed around the project, and related technologies. The program will include workshops to get started with Apache Mesos, keynote addresses from industry leaders, and sessions led by adopters and contributors.
Keynote speakers include:
- XiangDong Geng, VP of Information and e-Commerce, China Unicom
- Aysylu Greenberg, Software Engineer, Google
- Benjamin Hindman, Founder and Chief Architect, Mesosphere
Session highlights include:
- Extending Mesos for large scale clusters with multiple frameworks - Zhitao Li, Uber
- External Volume Support in Mesos Using Docker Volume Isolator - Guangya Liu, IBM
- What Happens When Containers Fail - Alois Mayr, Dynatrace
- Multi-Cloud Mesos at Adobe - Frans van Rooyen, Adobe
Event highlights include:
- 40+ sessions covering security, external storage, advanced performance features and more
- Talks from companies deploying Mesos -- including Adobe, Apple, Commonwealth Bank, Huawei, Uber and more
- Plenty of added learning and collaboration opportunities through an onsite evening reception, sponsor technical showcase and other networking activities
The current schedule of sessions can be viewed at http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon-asia/program/schedule.
MesosCon is made possible by support from Diamonds Sponsors IBM and Mesosphere; Gold Sponsor Huawei; and Silver Sponsor Rancher.
Registration is only $199 through October 15. Visit http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon-asia/attend/register to register.
YouTube: The Linux Foundation Event Experience (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUeelICQ2U)
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
"Apache" is a registered trademark or trademark of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or other countries.