WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - Nov 16, 2016) - Known for its prime location in the heart of Washington, D.C. and its historically grand accommodations, The Mayflower Hotel offers one of the city's most renowned venues for meetings and events. As part of the luxury hotel's top-to-bottom, multi-million-dollar renovation project, the hotel's historic ballrooms and event spaces have been restored to their original glory. The nearly 43,000 square feet of available event space combine a timeless design with the latest technology to continue providing guests with an unmatched experience. New for 2017, The Mayflower Hotel is offering exclusive access to all prime ballrooms on the Promenade Level to visitors booking guest rooms in groups of 200 - 400, per peak night.
The Grand Ballroom experienced an extensive, sensitive conservation process to restore the space to its original grandeur. Gold Leaf Studios, a locally-based D.C. company, worked diligently to preserve the existing 23-karat gilding. With a ceiling height of 21 feet, a unique wrap-around balcony and the option to extend into the connecting Chinese Ballroom for an additional 10,000 square feet of function space, the Grand Ballroom is the perfect venue for your next event.
STATE & EAST BALLROOMS
Formally known as The Mayflower's Presidential Dining Room, the State & East Ballrooms offer an ideal meeting space for group meals and breakout sessions.
With an architectural style that firmly embraces a Jeffersonian aesthetic, the District Ballroom offers groups another unique space to meet surrounded by inspiring décor.
Our welcoming Mezzanine Level offers plush seating and a historic atmosphere, perfect for breakout sessions. Guests can peruse the Presidential Lending Library.
PRESIDENTIAL-THEMED BREAK PACKAGES
In keeping with the hotel's legacy of hosting famed leaders, including every presidential inaugural ball from Calvin Coolidge to Ronald Reagan, The Mayflower Hotel offers a variety of presidential-themed meeting breaks, inspired by many of these past visits to the hotel.
- The Reagan Jelly Bean Break - President Ronald Reagan personally thanked the hotel associate who served these colorful candies at his 1981 Inaugural Gala held in the Grand Ballroom.
- The Churchill High Tea Break - In 1945, Winston Churchill sipped on his favorite Lapsang Souchong tea when he infamously made an off-color joke, which was carried by the acoustic dome ceiling of the hotel's Chinese Ballroom, much to the surprise of host Franklin D. Roosevelt and his guests.
- The Eisenhower Surf & Turf Break - President Eisenhower served his guests lobster, filet mignon and asparagus tips at The Mayflower in 1960, inspiring our selection of afternoon tea-style sandwiches.
- The Banana Nut Bread Break - Presidents Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter and Reagan were all served The Mayflower's famous banana nut bread during their Inaugural Galas at the hotel. 53 years later, The Mayflower bakes over 10,000 loaves per year.
SPECIAL OFFER: BOOK BY PRESIDENTS' DAY 2017
Schedule your next meeting before Presidents' Day (February 20, 2017) with a minimum of 200 peak room nights over a two-night stay and receive:
- Exclusive access to the Promenade level, Grand Ballroom and Presidential dining halls
- Complimentary wireless Internet in meeting rooms and guestrooms
- Complimentary meeting room rental with 70% guestroom pick-up
- 30% allowable guestroom attrition
- 20% discount on all in-house audio visual
- Double Marriott Rewards points
About The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
Effortlessly blending historic tradition and modern luxury in the heart of the nation's capital, The Mayflower Hotel inspires with timeless style and grandeur. The hotel's luxury suites delight with a sophisticated blend of historic elegance, contemporary accents and a prime Washington, D.C. location. From its commanding post on Connecticut Avenue, The Mayflower Hotel places guests in the heart of the capital, surrounded by The National Mall, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, the U Street Corridor and Georgetown. For more information on The Mayflower Hotel, please call 877.255.6036 or visit www.TheMayflowerHotel.com.