TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 15, 2016) - Cineplex Inc. (TSX:CGX) - Edmonton social seekers will soon have a new hot-spot for 'Eats and Entertainment,' with the opening of the country's first location of The Rec Room at South Edmonton Common. With its doors officially opening for dinner on September 19, 2016, the two-level, 60,000 square foot complex truly raises the bar for entertainment in Canada.
Located at 1725 99th Street NW, The Rec Room brings together incredible dining experiences with exciting live entertainment and amusement gaming experiences, all under one roof. With half of the space devoted to dining and live entertainment and the other half devoted to amusement games and attractions, it is the perfect destination for celebrations, watching the game and everything in between. The Rec Room is a destination that will attract millennials, baby boomers with kids as well as large groups.
A destination that puts food first, The Rec Room serves the very best in wood-fired, Canadian-inspired cuisine that has the perfect pairing for any occasion.
- Three10 is an upscale casual restaurant that is playfully named after Canada's three territories and 10 provinces. Its menu features familiar items that have been elevated and transformed through fresh ingredients and innovative cooking techniques. Fun fact: Three10 has the largest wood-fired grill in Canada, the 'Grillwork's Inferno!'
- The Loft is a fun, fast and casual pizzeria that features an assortment of sharable plates, greens and sweets…and of course, delicious pizzas! It has a wood-fired, dual pizza oven imported from Italy that cooks a pizza in 90 seconds.
- The Shed is The Rec Room's quick service destination that includes a poutinerie with elevated toppings like porchetta, smoked brisket, lobster and wild mushrooms. It also has a custom donut bar, called The Pumps.
- In addition to spirits and cocktails, multiple bars throughout the space serve six draught wines and over 20 draught beers, including several local craft beers.
- With over 10 private dining rooms accommodating groups up to 250 people, The Rec Room is the ultimate gathering spot for celebrations, corporate events and parties. Book your holiday party now!
The Rec Room is the social playground for anyone, and everyone - there's always something going on to make things a little more interesting!
- The Rec Room features a massive attractions area called The Yard where guests can play over 100 amusement games. Credits and points earned are tracked on RFID bracelets and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case redemption store for a wide array of prizes - everything from retro candy to drones, and whisky stones to portable speakers. Bragging rights go to the top earners who will be profiled on The Rec Room's legendary leaderboard
- Those up to the challenge can try one of the feature attractions - a next generation race car simulator that puts you in the driver's seat (literally!), luxury bowling and axe throwing. The Rec Room also has classic favourites like billiards, air hockey and ping pong
- With multiple performance spaces offering both live and programmed entertainment, there's always something going on at The Rec Room. Catch an amazing act in our state-of-the-art auditorium, be part of the action at our themed events, or chill out at an intimate performance at the bar stage
- Check out the big game on the (seriously) big screens! The Rec Room has over 120 digital screens and a bar area that has a massive high-definition screen that can be viewed from all corners of the complex! Gamification is also an integral part of The Rec Room and its Gameboard App enables guests to play games, interact and participate in a fantasy league while in the complex
- In addition to redemption opportunities and promotions throughout The Rec Room, guests can earn SCENE points on every purchase
Part of Cineplex Entertainment, one of Canada's leading entertainment companies, The Rec Room leverages Cineplex's existing industry-leading entertainment, amusement gaming, food service, content creation, digital media and operational capabilities. Cineplex plans to open 10-15 locations of The Rec Room over the next few years across Canada and has already announced locations in Toronto and Calgary which will open in 2017. For information and hours of operation, please visit TheRecRoom.com.
About The Rec Room
The Rec Room is Canada's premier 'Eats & Entertainment' destination that brings together incredible dining, amusement gaming, technology and live entertainment experiences all under one roof. Part of Cineplex Entertainment, The Rec Room is a premier social destination and the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events, groups and parties. While each location is customized to the individual community, The Rec Room concept features multiple dining environments and a wide range of entertainment options including a large amusement games area featuring state-of-the-art simulation, feature attractions and redemption games as well as an auditorium-style space perfect for musical acts, bands and comedians. For more information, visit TheRecRoom.com or follow the action on social media through Facebook (TheRecRoomCA), Twitter (@TheRecRoomCA), Snapchat (@TheRecRoomCA) and Instagram (@TheRecRoomCA).
Cineplex Inc. ("Cineplex") is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates one of the most modern and fully digitized motion picture theatre circuits in the world. A top-tier Canadian brand, Cineplex operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), Cineplex Media, Cineplex Digital Media, and the online sale of home entertainment content through CineplexStore.com and on apps embedded in various electronic devices. Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
Cineplex is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and operates 163 theatres with 1,667 screens from coast to coast, serving approximately 77 million guests annually through the following theatre brands: Cineplex Cinemas, Cineplex Odeon, Cineplex VIP Cinemas, Galaxy Cinemas, SilverCity Cinemas and Scotiabank Theatres. Cineplex also owns and operates the UltraAVX™, Poptopia, and Outtakes brands. Cineplex trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CGX. More information is available at Cineplex.com.