SOURCE: The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
GREENSBORO, GA--(Marketwire - Jan 15, 2013) - Along with the majestic and romantic backdrop of Lake Oconee at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, this February travelers will find additional touches of romance to enjoy. A seasonal Georgia vacation package takes its cues from a Fire & Ice theme, activities at the ice skating rink including a special "Skating with the Stars Couples Nights" will inspire Valentine's snuggling, and indulgent spa pampering features luscious ingredients. Pet owners who love to spoil their pups, can bring their dogs to A Puppy Love cooking class. And for couples who live by the motto "those who cook together, stay together," a BBQ Butler cooking lesson is available for Cottage guests.
Glittering 5,000-Square-Foot Ice Skating Rink
Open through February 24, 2013, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. & 4 to 8 p.m.
Always a romantic pastime, ice skating is available in the Georgia luxury resort's expansive outdoor Pavilion, accompanied by hot cocoa. Skating is complimentary for resort guests; non-resort guests price per session is $30 for children 12 and under; $40 for adults (price includes skate rentals, if needed).
Fire & Ice Hotel Package: Skate to Your Heart's Content
Available through February 24, 2013
- Luxurious hotel accommodations in a resort-view guestroom
- Unlimited ice skating
- Valet parking for one vehicle per night
- S'mores turndown amenity
- $100 food and beverage credit per day
- Starting at $329 per night, exclusive of tax
To book this weekend getaway in Georgia, please call 800-826-1945.
Skating with the Stars Couples Nights: Starry, Starry Nights on the Ice
February 14, 15 and 16, 8 to 9 p.m.
For couples only, skating sessions under the stars followed by hot toddies for two.
CouplesEscape: The Perfect Way to Spend Quality Time Together at the Spa
The award-winning Georgia spa is a warm tranquil sanctuary for guests to connect with that special someone. The Spa's Couples Escape includes: Couples Massage with Soak (105 minutes); Couples Pedicure (50 minutes) and champagne for two. 3 1/2 hours of pampering for $599. Reserve at 706-467-7185.
Valentine's Spa Treatments: Chocolate, Strawberry, and Everything Nice
Offered During February; For Spa reservations and information, please call 706-467-7185.
- "Just Give Me Chocolate" Body Treatment - This Vichy shower service begins with a mimosa sugar scrub to slough away dry skin cells. Next comes an antioxidant rich chocolate mask with cocoa, coconut milk and honey to boost defenses and soften skin. The finish is an aloe and shea strawberry smash moisturizer to protect skin from winter dryness. Then guests enjoy an indulgent chocolate truffle. 80 Minutes, $215
- Chocolate Truffle Facial - After a gentle exfoliation to renew skin cells, the face is drenched with a calorie-free chocolate mousse that fights signs of aging deliciously. Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and hydrating oils leaving skin smooth. A chocolate truffle is the very sweet ending to this pampering facial. 50 Minutes, $135; 80 Minutes, $199
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Manicure and Pedicure - Guests sip a glass of champagne while hands and feet are exfoliated with a sweet cream sugar scrub. Warm steamed towels help a delicious dark chocolate mask to seal in moisture and nourish skin. A strawberry cream, rich in aloe and vitamin C, locks in moisture and leaves skin dewy soft. 50-Minute Manicure, $65; 50-Minute Pedicure, $85
February is the Time to Share Culinary Activities and Dining Experiences with Those You Love
- Cottage Stays over Valentine's Weekend Offer a Private Three-Hour BBQ Butler Class - Available Thursday, February 14 through Sunday, February 17, classes held from 6 to 9 p.m. Lake Oconee resort is famous for its BBQ Butler experiences. During Valentine's Weekend, the BBQ Butlers will give a private BBQ lesson, available for two to six people staying in a three-bedroom cottage. $75 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- Puppy Love Cooking Class at Georgia's Bistro - Saturday, February 16 at 2 p.m.
Of course, the family's beloved pet deserves extra treats every day of the year. This class is offered for a guest and his or her canine Valentine. Learn how to make dog biscuits and other treats. Then conclude outside by the fire pit where dog participants will be treated to pet delicacies in their own pet bowl. The luxury resort's rescue mascot, Dooley, will greet all guests. $12 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- A truly romantic meal in a unique setting - Chiminea Dining during February. Guests dine under the stars, lakeside, on Adirondack chairs with blankets for coziness and choose from a three-course prix menu for two. Dishes may include an Artisan Cheese Plate, Filet Mignon with Cabernet Sauce & Grilled Salmon and Shrimp with Blood Orange Butter Sauce. Couples cap off the evening with S'mores or Chocolate Covered Strawberries. A bottle of wine is also included. $125 per person; reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
- Georgia's Bistro His & Hers Valentine's Day Menu (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - This delectable Four-Course Tasting Menu will be served on this special day for lovers from 5:30 to 10 p.m. It tempts with Love Bites to Share such as Truffle Chicken Salad, Citrus Poached Shrimp and Goat Cheese with spiced pecans. The Second Course: "His," Smoked Short Rib with Cheddar Grits and Shallot Sauce; "Hers," Roasted Salmon with walnut-pepper relish. The Third Course: "His," Roasted Prime Rib of Beef and "Hers," Pan Seared Scallops. The Decadent Desserts: "His," Fire Roasted Apple Cake with Pecan Brittle and "Hers," Milk Chocolate Passion Fruit Curd Tart. $70 per person for Four Courses or guests may order items on this special menu a la carte.
- Aphrodisiac Valentine's Menu Served at Gaby's by the Lake (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - What would February 14 be if couples didn't share some of the foods that are historically associated with love? Offered from 5 to 10 p.m., this special menu features: Starter of Oysters On The Half Shell (known for magical romantic powers) with "Bloody Mary" Granite; Main Course of Crispy Red Fish with sweet potato Dauphinois, jumbo asparagus (a beloved wedding night aphrodisiac in France) and lemon butter or 12-Ounce Grilled New York Strip with lobster mashed potato, lavender honey glazed carrots (honey has been associated with sensuality since the beginning of time) and red wine sauce. To end this magnificent repast: Chocolate (to heighten that giddy sensation) Fondue for two with strawberries, pineapple, financier, madeleines and marshmallows. The customary menu will also be served.
- Throughout February: Georgia's Bistro "3 for $33" Chocolate-Inspired Tasting Menu - It's a wonderful creative option for dining well with a very reasonable tab. First Course choice: Strawberry Spinach Salad with feta, pecans and chocolate balsamic dressing or Roasted Parsnip & Vanilla Chocolate Soup. Entrée choice: Cocoa Crusted Filet Mignon with sea salt fries, asparagus and shallot sauce or Pan Seared Scallops with spiced chocolate risotto and vanilla cream sauce. And for dessert: Chocolate Pot de Crème. This decadent dinner even includes the sommelier's selection of wine. Georgia's Bistro hours: Dinner, 5:30 to 10 p.m. (closed Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday)
For dining reservations, please call 706-467-7135.
The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
1 Lake Oconee Trail
Greensboro, Georgia 30642