NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jan 25, 2013) - PrivCo, the leading private company financial data provider (www.PrivCo.com), has just released its annual rankings of the Top 10 Largest Private-Equity Deals of the Year.
The Top 10 Largest Private-Equity Deals for 2012:
1. $7.2 Billion - EP ENERGY CORP (Headquarters: Houston, TX) Acquired By P.E. Buyers: Apollo, Riverstone, Access Industries, Korea National Oil Corporation
2. $6.6 Billion - CEQUEL COMMUNICATIONS (St. Louis, MO) Acquired By BC Partners, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
3. $4.9 Billion - DUPONT PERFORMANCE COATINGS (Wilmington, DE) Acquired By Carlyle
4. $3.7 Billion - FOCUS MEDIA (Shanghai, China) Acquired By Carlyle, Fountainvest, China Everbright, CITIC Capital, Jason Nanchun Jiang
5. $3.5 Billion - HAMILTON SUNDSTRAND INDUSTRIAL (Windsor Locks, CT) Acquired By Carlyle, BC Partners
6. $3.3 Billion - GETTY IMAGES (Seattle, WA) Acquired By Carlyle, Getty Images management, the Getty Family
7. $3.2 Billion - TRANSUNION (Chicago, IL) Acquired By Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, Advent International
8. $2.7 Billion - PARTY CITY (Elmsford, NY) Acquired By Thomas H. Lee Partners
9. $2.5 Billion - MCGRAW-HILL EDUCATION (New York, NY) Acquired By Apollo
10. $2.3 Billion - USI INSURANCE (Briarcliff Manor, NY) Acquired By Onex Corporation
To access detailed Deal Terms of each of PrivCo's Top 10 Largest Private-Equity Deals for 2012 see:
PrivCo CEO & Founder Sam Hamadeh stated: "Noticeable in last year's Top 10 Largest Private Equity Deals was the preponderance of secondary sales (sales by one private equity firm to another). In addition, in 2012 we saw the return of the use of high debt levels in Leveraged Buyouts by private equity firms, as leveraged financing and high yield debt markets for P.E. deals unfroze. 2012's Top 10 Largest Private-Equity Deals made it clear that -- after a several year lull during the recession -- multi-billion-dollar P.E. deals, as well as debt-heavy Leveraged Buyouts, are back."
Based in New York, PrivCo is the leading provider of private company financial data and business research. PrivCo publishes exclusive financial data on over 164,000 private companies, as well as over 45,000 private company deal details, including private company M&A, private equity and venture capital investments, leveraged buyouts, pre-IPO activity, restructurings, and more.
Topics: Private Equity, M&A, Mergers, Acquisitions, Leveraged Buyouts, Carlyle, Apollo, Thomas H. Lee Partners, BC Partners, Advent International, Onex Corporation, Riverstone, Fountainvest