LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Feb. 25, 2013) - More and more people are now renting rather than buying property, so there's never been a better time to capitalise on this demand in the housing market and take advantage of the buy-to-let business.
When you consider that average UK rents have increased by 13.6% since 2009*, it's not hard to see why people are choosing to buy-to-let; you can place a certain confidence that your investment in bricks and mortar will serve you well.
It's not only the price of renting that has gone up, either. According to the most recent Census, the percentage of UK households renting has risen from 31% to 36% meaning that the demand for rental properties is high in multiple areas of the UK.
With that in mind, it's about time you thought seriously about investing in a buy-to-let property. With Ward Homes, you can view a wide range of homes in Kent that are available for you to make a worthy long-term investment. You could earn a high rental yield plus you'll have the advantage of Ward's professional teams who can help make the process as simple as possible. They'll put you in contact with independent advisors who will help you find a mortgage and tenant. What's more, this comes with an exclusive** 5 year fixtures and fittings warranty.
Top buy-to-let tips
So if you're thinking about buy-to-let, here are some top tips:
- Choose to buy in an area with good transport links and a good variety of employment options
- Bear in mind postcodes for school catchment areas
- Aim for five per cent return on your investment per year
** "exclusive" and "our" refer to the Barratt Development Plc Group Brands.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1) Ward Homes is part of Barratt Group offering new homes for sale in Kent and surrounding areas.
2) The Barratt Group sold 11,171 homes in the last financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
3) Barratt Group was named Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2011.
4) Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the third consecutive year in the 2012 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
5) In 2011 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record seventh consecutive year.
6) Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to guarantee the fixtures and fittings in place at the time of purchase of its new homes for five years.
7) For more information on the developments available from Ward Homes and to find new homes in Kent, visit http://www.wardhomes.co.uk/.