SOURCE: Rambler Metals & Mining Plc
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM and BAIE VERTE, NL--(Marketwired - May 22, 2014) - Rambler Metals and Mining plc (TSX VENTURE: RAB) (LSE: RMM) ('Rambler' or the 'Company'), a copper and gold producer operating in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, today provides an operational update for its fiscal third quarter ending 30 April 2014.
HIGHLIGHTS IN THE QUARTER:
- Production of 6,238 tonnes of copper concentrate representing a 36 per cent increase over Q3 2013 and a 9 per cent decrease over Q2 2014
- Dry tonnes milled of 49,355 tonnes representing a 12 per cent increase over Q3 2013 and a 3 per cent decrease over Q2 2014, resulting in the production of:
- 1,829 tonnes of copper (8 per cent decrease over the previous quarter)
- 1,608 ounces of gold (4 per cent increase over the previous quarter)
- 13,196 ounces of silver (23 per cent increase over the previous quarter)
- Headgrades of copper 3.84 per cent, gold 1.62 grammes per tonne and silver 11.70 grammes per tonne with recoveries to concentrate for copper 96.4 per cent, gold 66.2 per cent and silver 79.2 per cent
- Concentrate grade for copper 29.32 per cent, gold 8.02 grammes per tonne and silver 79.15 grammes per tonne
Norman Williams, CA, President and CEO, commented:
"I am pleased to report copper recoveries remained consistent with previous quarters with average copper head grades matching year to date expectations. Although we experienced extreme winter conditions from December to late Spring in Newfoundland, the operations team have demonstrated their ability to adapt and deliver steady productions in such varying conditions.
"I am confident that Rambler is on track to meet or exceed the top end guidance for copper recovery, concentrate produced and metal production."
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view the associated PDF document.