SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 9, 2012) - thismoment, Inc., a provider of social content management software for brands that want to rapidly and effectively engage consumers across social and mobile platforms, today announced that it has acquired Position2 Brand Monitor, a leading social media monitoring and engagement platform. Position2 Brand Monitor will rebrand as thismoment Brand Monitor.
- Thismoment Brand Monitor's technology enables companies to listen to product or service related conversations across social media, blogs, news and forums in real time
- Upon integration with thismoment's Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC), brands will be able to simultaneously drive content engagement and customer conversation management across all social media channels, including both YouTube and Facebook
- First offering of its kind featuring a social content management system which possesses both listening and engagement features
Additional DEC Capabilities
- Deeper analytics that drive informed marketing campaign decisions with conversation volumes, sentiment, trends, demographic, and influencer identification
- Sentiment analysis of social media conversations for an enhanced understanding of how audiences critically receive specific campaigns
- Geo-demographic summaries for insight into where/who is driving a campaign's success
- Influencer discovery for more targeted social engagement and message amplification
- Share of voice reports, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn engagement capabilities in addition to many more features that enable companies to track their presence on social media and engage with customers
- Broader visibility into online conversations means that DEC customers can more accurately measure the influence of a campaign, then integrate relevant adjustments that can be pushed directly into their corporate social media channels
- With external visibility into competitive scenarios, DEC customers are able to knowledgeably assess competitive positioning, identify target audiences, and quickly adapt all relevant brand page messaging
- Provides customers a "closed-loop" campaign lifecycle with reporting analytics that inform future branding and ensures consistent deployment across online properties
- The acquisition of Position2 Brand Monitor follows thismoment's recent announcement that it had secured $7.3 million in its first institutional capital round led by Sierra Ventures
- Rajiv Parikh, CEO of Position2, will join thismoment as SVP of Business Development and also will be responsible for leading company business development, social media listening capabilities, and growth in the Asian markets
- Position2 investors including Accel India will gain an equity position in thismoment
- With the acquisition, thismoment adds a new center of product and technical excellence in Bangalore, India
While the acquisition is complete, thismoment is in the process of fully integrating Brand Monitor functionality into DEC. It expects this process to be complete in Q2, 2012. In the interim, interested parties can explore Brand Monitor functionality at http://brandmonitor.thismoment.com/.
Vince Broady, CEO and Founder, thismoment
"We are thrilled to acquire such an advanced technology platform and team as we continue our drive to provide the strongest, most powerful brand management solution available to enterprise customers. As we look to expand internationally, Brand Monitor also provides us with close to 500 customers around the globe, with a particularly strong footprint in Asia. With the addition of Brand Monitor, thismoment DEC customers will now, better than ever, listen, discover and engage with their audiences on social media networks, and have an enhanced understanding of marketing campaign performance with conversation metrics, including volumes, sentiment, and share of voice."
Rajiv Parikh, CEO, Position2
"We think our customers will significantly benefit from this acquisition and we couldn't be more pleased about this acquisition by thismoment, one of the fastest growing social content management firms for brands. With our technology, DEC will now be the most complete social media marketing solution on the market. Enterprise customers will now have a better understanding of marketing campaign performance, can move more quickly to leverage trends, can track conversations to better understand market sentiment and can drive higher message retention."
Curtis Corl, Vice President, Dollar Tree Direct
"Dollar Tree has partnered with Position2 Brand Monitor over the last year to listen to real-time customer responses to in-store and online events across key regions and demographics. With the upcoming integration between Brand Monitor and thismoment DEC, we look forward to new capabilities that drive greater insight and deeper engagement with our customers."
Megan Sherwin, Account Director, Proximity WW
"Proximity was the first P&G agency to work with thismoment, and our relationship with thismoment dates back two years. We selected thismoment's DEC platform for the recent launch of the game-changing Gillette global YouTube channel simply because DEC is the most comprehensive and user-friendly social content management system we've ever seen. We are looking forward to the addition of Brand Monitor to thismoment's product portfolio, which will accelerate our ability to track and manage real-time brand conversations and sentiment across all social touch points."
Thismoment is a pioneer in the development of Social Content Management Software for brands. Its Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) is a real-time platform for managing a brand's digital presence, including social content, conversation and creative assets across earned, owned and paid media channels on web, tablet, mobile, and digital outdoor devices. Launched in March 2010, DEC is already used by more than 100 Fortune 500 brands. To learn more, please visit thismoment.com.
Position2 is an Accel-backed company that delivers continuous growth for its customers through high performance search & social media marketing. Position2 was founded with a vision to leverage technology to offer search and social media marketing solutions that deliver performance with consistency and predictability.
The team includes client management, marketing, creative services, technology development, search and social media marketing functions. Position2 also provides expertise in online marketing solutions: SEO, PPC, Media and Advertising.
Position2's flagship product is Position2 Brand Monitor™, a platform that allows users to listen, discover and engage with social media conversations in real time. Brand Monitor™ is available in 2 editions, ranging from a free edition to a customizable Enterprise edition, from http://brandmonitor.position2.com.