SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 30, 2013) - Thismoment, an enterprise-class provider of cloud-based software enabling the creation, delivery and measurement of Dynamic Brand Experiences™, today announced a 7x year over year monthly recurring revenue growth for 2012. This strong momentum demonstrates that as brand marketers seek to reach and engage customers in any location, at any time, and on any device in a way that is both personal and relevant, Thismoment's Distributed Engagement Channel™ (DEC) platform is increasingly becoming a central component of their digital marketing strategy.
Introduced in March 2010, DEC is already licensed by more than 100 of the Fortune 500 -- including Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Intel, Target, GM, Maybelline and Sony -- who use it to drive content consumption, sharing, conversation, and conversion easily and simultaneously across Web, mobile, and social media touch points, often on a global basis.
In October of 2012, the company released DEC 4, the newest version of its flagship product. DEC 4 has been the most rapidly adopted release in the company's history, with more than 100 deployments to date, and is delivering unprecedented levels of user engagement as measured by time spent per visit, UGC submissions, and video views.
2012 Performance and Milestones for Thismoment
- Secured $22 Million Series C round of funding led by Trident Capital and Sierra Ventures
- Rapidly growing global presence, including expansion of EMEA office, launch of LATAM region, and acquisition of Bangalore-based technology center
- New hires in leadership team including Stephen Bach (Chief Financial Officer), Shirley Foster (Senior Vice President, Engineering), Leandro Cruz de Paula (Divisional Vice President, Latin America), and Chris McGarry (Vice President, Product Marketing)
- Added dozens of new customers across all categories, including American Family Insurance, Deloitte, IBM, Levi Strauss, and TaylorMade
- Launched several hundred successful brand campaigns in partnership with the world's leading digital agencies, including Digitas, BBDO, VML & Mindshare
- Conducted nationwide premier customer events throughout the New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles areas
- Instituted a global corporate visit center at San Francisco headquarters, hosting premier clients and strategic partners from around the world
- Industry-first mobile user-generated content engine (UGC)
- DEC's industry-leading UGC engine added smartphone and tablet support, allowing multimedia uploads directly from mobile browsers
- Facebook Timeline and Twitter card multimedia embeds
- DEC enabled customers to extend their brand experience by embedding trackable multimedia theater modules into Twitter cards and Facebook's timeline, newsfeed and ticker
- Responsive design
- DEC's responsive design tools and adaptive HTML5-based templates now enable customers to easily optimize the user experience for different device form factors
- LinkedIn social publishing integration
- Thismoment became a LinkedIn preferred developer and launched LinkedIn page and group posting and scheduling functionality to DEC. This allows brands using DEC's Community Manager tools to easily publish to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn simultaneously
- Google+ social publishing integration
- Thismoment became a Google+ preferred developer, integrating similar social posting, scheduling, management and measurement functionality for Google+
- Thismoment created a place for third party developers to leverage a host of APIs, playground, live documentation and sample code to make it easier and faster to build custom brand experiences on Thismoment's platform
User Engagement Highlights
- 6 minutes average time spent per visit across hundreds of DEC-powered channels
- More than 67 million user visits, and 133 million video views
- 1 million+ user generated content (UGC) submissions processed, and more than 9 million views of user-submitted media
- A single DEC-powered live event on Coke TV (coca-cola.tv) generated more than 500,000 simultaneous viewers across 20 countries, with the average view time topping 40 minutes
"2012 was an important year for Thismoment, as we continued to demonstrate that our platform uniquely provides Fortune 500 brands the power, scale, and agility required to effectively engage consumers across an increasingly fragmented digital landscape."
- Vince Broady, Founder and CEO, Thismoment
"We went to Google and said we need something that's more dynamic, flexible and robust, and they were the ones that brought Thismoment to us, and ever since then, we've been very, very pleased. Overall, the net impact has been substantial. We fight above our weight, so we like companies that move at what we call 'Hyundai speed', and this is what's great about Thismoment...we can turn something over to them, and they can turn it around on a dime."
- Jon Budd, Senior Group Manager New Media, Hyundai
"Thismoment's DEC (Distributed Engagement Channel) has allowed our Tomb Raider local communities to be exceptionally responsive, and empowers each of them to utilize the site as an actual asset. I can now not only receive feedback on our implementations immediately, but I can also be much more flexible with my communication strategies. I can then provide our international constituents capabilities they previously did not possess, and empower them to experience the same advantages."
- Karl Stewart, Global Brand Manager, Crystal Dynamics
"The major benefit really is the amount of time that Thismoment saves us from the mechanical aspects of propagating content through social channels. We can now spend that time on developing the creative messaging and also thinking more strategically about how we want to engage with the end user. Everyone we've met at Thismoment has been more than willing to accommodate our needs, and they have a breadth of knowledge that we've not come across very much in the industry of social media. To be perfectly honest with you, there was simply no single vendor who provided the scope of functionality that Thismoment did."
- David Spector, Head of Mobile, TMP
Thismoment delivers a cloud-based enterprise platform for digital experience marketing, called the Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC). In active deployment by hundreds of Fortune 500 brands, DEC is used to create, distribute and measure dynamic brand experiences across multiple sites and devices at global scale. Deployed in more than 43 countries and 60 languages, DEC powers hundreds of brand experiences and channels spanning Facebook, YouTube, Web, tablet, mobile, and digital outdoor for many of the world's biggest brands. To learn more, please visit thismoment.com.