SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - July 12, 2016) - ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company™, announces the availability of its Summer '16 Release. This latest platform update introduces new capabilities that deepen the ThreatMetrix digital authentication footprint and enable smarter decisions for fraud prevention, authentication and threat detection.
"When we talk to companies about their digital transformation priorities, user experience is at the top of the list. It's an easy thing to say but a hard thing to do. You can spend hundreds of millions of dollars on the best omni-channel strategy but it always falls apart when your fraud, authentication and security systems treat those same customers as criminals," said Alisdair Faulkner, chief products officer with ThreatMetrix. "Optimizing the user experience was a key driver of the Summer '16 Release."
New authentication capabilities include expanded passive location and behavior-based analytics coupled with additional step-up authentication methods to more accurately understand customer digital behaviors. In addition, ThreatMetrix unveiled the all-new ThreatMetrix Decision Management Portal which provides enriched forensic and visualization capabilities with improved portability across computing devices.
The ThreatMetrix Decision Management Portal features the company's most intuitive interface to date, faster performance and improved usability that dynamically adjusts to tablet and desktop computing devices. This entirely reimagined portal experience helps fraud and security managers to rapidly establish ThreatMetrix rules and policies, conduct case forensics and visualize data.
These features help ThreatMetrix customers make even more informed authentication and policy decisions without disrupting the consumer.
Faulkner said of the new features, "Authentication should be invisible to the user. Our Summer '16 Release incorporates Wi-Fi and cell tower location information into our already deep stack of fraud and customer detection indicators, greatly enhancing the precision of our fraud detection so customers can make even more informed authentication and policy decisions. Beyond a user's location footprint, we've found that a user's network environment is a very powerful passive authenticator. It provides granular level insight without requiring personally identifiable information."
New digital authentication capabilities include:
- ThreatMetrix Mobile SDK 4.0, available for iOS and Android Mobile environments, leverages the latest mobile operating system fraud indicators and signals. In addition to harnessing powerful device biometrics, this update makes it easier for developers to get up and running and provides increased performance with code optimization.
- A new two-way-SMS feature where users are able to reply to incoming SMS fraud alerts to verify who they are, making it effortless for consumers to play an active role in protecting their digital identity.
- A new one-way voice verification that gives users the option to receive a voice call rather than an SMS text.
- Location enhancements including a custom location, cell tower and Wi-Fi location evaluation pre-integrated with ThreatMetrix behavioral analytics and rules engine.
Summer '16 Release capabilities add to an already strong platform that allows users to constantly evaluate and verify risk scores, associated risks and corresponding business policies. Customer information and data can be shared across the entire ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network, which harnesses real-time shared intelligence from billions of transactions worldwide.
Summer '16 Release updates are available to all ThreatMetrix customers and prospects.
- Speak with your ThreatMetrix account manager about accessing Summer '16 Release capabilities.
- Watch the Summer '16 Release intro video.
- Listen to the Summer '16 Release webinar (customers and partners only):
- Register for the Summer '16 Release Americas webinar on July 20
- Register for the Summer '16 Release EMEA webinar on July 21
- Register for the Summer '16 Release APAC webinar on July 22
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company™, is the market-leading cloud solution for authenticating digital personas and transactions on the Internet. Verifying more than 20 billion annual transactions supporting 30,000 websites and 4,000 customers globally through the ThreatMetrix® Digital Identity Network, ThreatMetrix secures businesses and end users against account takeover, payment fraud and fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware and data breaches. Key benefits include an improved customer experience, reduced friction, revenue gain and lower fraud and operational costs. The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, payments and lending, media, government and insurance.
For more information, visit www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-408-200-5755. Join the cybersecurity conversation by visiting the ThreatMetrix blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook pages.
© 2016 ThreatMetrix. All rights reserved. ThreatMetrix and the ThreatMetrix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ThreatMetrix in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.