Goodman & Company, Investment Counsel Ltd.

Goodman & Company, Investment Counsel Ltd.

January 23, 2006 10:30 ET

Three Dynamic'R' PRINCIPALPLUS'TM' Deposit Notes Available Until March 10, 2006

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - Jan. 23, 2006) -

Returns linked to top Dynamic Funds™

Goodman & Company, Investment Counsel Ltd. ("Goodman & Company") announces the launch of three new PRINCIPALPLUS Deposit Notes (the "Deposit Notes") issued by Bank of Montreal.

The Deposit Notes offer up to 200% exposure to a portfolio of 6 top Dynamic Funds, with 100% principal protection at maturity. The degree of exposure will be determined by an asset allocation strategy designed to ensure principal protection, while taking advantage of market upswings. The return, if any, on the Deposit Notes will be based on the performance of the fund portfolio.

Three versions of the Deposit Notes are offered for sale; Yield Class™, Series 2, which pays taxable distributions, if any, R.O.C.™ Class, Series 2, which pays tax efficient distributions, if any, and Total Return Class, Series 1, which is geared towards maximizing growth. Investors in the Yield class will be paid monthly coupons and investors in the R.O.C. class will receive principal repayments equivalent to 75% of distributions, if any, received from the fund portfolio, with the remaining 25% reinvested back in the funds for growth. The Total Return Class reinvests 100% of distributions, if any, for capital appreciation. The return, if any, on the R.O.C Class will be reduced by a percentage of the amounts you receive prior to maturity.

The Deposit Notes offer access to three core asset classes; growth equities represented by Dynamic Power Canadian Growth Fund and Dynamic Power American Growth Fund, income equities represented by Dynamic Focus+ Diversified Income Trust Fund and Dynamic Dividend Value Fund, and fixed income represented by Dynamic Income Fund and Dynamic Canadian High Yield Bond Fund. Dynamic Funds is one of the country's most respected mutual fund companies and the recipient of the Fund Company of the Year Award at the 2005 Canadian Investment Awards.

The Deposit Notes will be issued by Bank of Montreal on or about March 15, 2006, and will mature on or about March 23, 2015. The Deposit Notes are 100% eligible for registered plans, and are available through most financial advisors. The complete terms of the offerings are set out in the Information Statements dated January 16, 2006.

Goodman & Company is a leading investment firm tracing its portfolio management roots back nearly 50 years, with more than $18.5 billion in assets under management. Goodman & Company, including Dynamic Funds and its affiliates, offers a wide range of wealth management solutions through registered financial advisors, including mutual funds; fee based programs (Viscount and Marquis), limited partnerships (CMP and Canada Dominion), hedge funds and high net-worth investment counsel (Goodman Private Wealth Management). Goodman & Company is a division of Dundee Wealth Management Inc. (DW - TSX).

Contact Information

  • Goodman & Company, Investment Counsel Ltd.
    Customer Relations Centre
    1 (800) 268-8186
    www.dynamic.ca/depositnotes
    or
    Goodman & Company, Investment Counsel Ltd.
    Trevor Hampden
    Media Relations
    (416) 365-5002