PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 15, 2011) - One of the biggest problems during every NFL and college football season is prioritizing time and finding the day's best action. Thuuz, the free service quantifying excitement in sports, is solving this problem for sports fans with the launch of an iPhone and Android application that monitors every game and alerts enthusiasts to the most exciting ones, so they'll never miss the best action as it unfolds. The Thuuz mobile app will connect users to the games whether they're in front of their TV, PC, tablet, smartphone or walking down the street and seeking the nearest sports bar.
Thuuz is also announcing today enhanced features for the NFL and college football seasons that include new individual player excitement alerts, pre-game (predictive) excitement quotients, in-game teasers, and enhanced personalization.
Thuuz -- from the root of "enthusiast" -- analyzes games in real-time using a set of proprietary algorithms that tracks excitement, scoring each contest from 0-100. Sports fans can now download the mobile apps or sign up to get text or email alerts for the most exciting games from their favorite sports, teams and players. These alerts never include the score or other spoilers, so fans can enjoy the drama and suspense of watching the action unfold either live or time-shifted. Thuuz also provides predictive excitement ratings for upcoming events to help fans plan in advance which matches to watch or attend in person. Since launching its web and text-based service last fall, Thuuz has expanded its coverage to include NFL and NCAA football, NBA and NCAA basketball, MLB, NHL, international soccer, cricket, and rugby.
"The response over the past year to what we're doing has been really positive, and the feedback we're getting from sports fans is they'd love to see our technology served up as a mobile app," said Thuuz Co-Founder and CEO Warren Packard. "Our vision is to help fans get the most out of their sports viewing, so they never miss a great game. Thuuz is something that will change sports viewing habits and ensure that everyone is catching the action that will be talked about tomorrow -- not just the highlights."
Thuuz Mobile App Features
- Available today for free on iPhone and Android devices
- Personalized Settings and Real-Time Alerts -- To fine tune alerts, fans can adjust their excitement threshold and specify which sports, leagues, and conferences they want to receive alerts for
- Find a Bar -- For fans on-the-go and not near a television set, Thuuz leverages a phone's internal GPS to find a local sports bar to catch the action
- Fantasy Football Companion -- Personalize the Thuuz experience by setting up alerts for specific players
- Watch on TV -- Thuuz will show times and channels for live games and replays on television (U.S. only). Members of the US Military serving overseas should enter zip code 92518 and select the Armed Services Network as the provider
New Features Unique to NFL Coverage on Thuuz
- Individual player excitement alerts to complement Thuuz game excitement alerts. Follow favorite athletes and fantasy players to keep up on how they're influencing the game's excitement.
- In-game teasers communicating the essence of the excitement in a particular game without revealing too much about the game, such as "major upset in the making" or "nailbiter."
- Enhanced personalization that takes into account each individual's favorite team and how exciting their team is relative to the excitement of the game as a whole. For example, a Jets blowout yields a higher excitement rating for Gang Green fans than fans of the team they're dismantling.
To sign up for Thuuz excitement alerts, go to the App Store or Android Market, download the app, and set your preferences. Or, go to Thuuz.com, quickly register, and get alerts for the best action of the day via e-mail or text.
Thuuz alerts you to the most exciting action in your favorite sports for events that are upcoming, in-progress, and recently completed. Thuuz also lets you know how to tune in to these games, whether you're in front of your TV, PC, tablet, or mobile phone. Thuuz currently follows fifteen professional and collegiate leagues across seven different sports, including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, cricket, and rugby union.