Tigo DRC

Tigo DRC

October 28, 2013 04:30 ET

Tigo DRC No. 1 For Social Networking in DRC

KINSHASA, DRC--(Marketwired - Oct. 28, 2013) - Over 250,000 - THE NUMBER OF FANS OF THE "TIGO DRC" FACEBOOK PAGE. This page is not only the most popular Facebook page in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) but also the page with the highest engagement rate as verified and certified by Facebook.

In a country with over 900,000 Facebook users, the Tigo DRC Facebook page is a clear leader by ensuring that atleast 30% the fans of are connected to each other. Its follower has less than 110,000 fans.

Results recently presented by socialbakers.com further enforce the popularity of the Tigo Facebook page. The Tigo DRC page has continually recorded an exceptional growth of more than 400 fans per day. Notably, over 60% of the fans of this page are locals living within DRC; the remaining 40% are fans living within the Diaspora. Additionally, potential fans who like the Tigo posts are more than 700,000.

Regarding socially devoted official confirmation for Q2, Tigo DRC Facebook Page is the only certified Facebook page in DRC by socialbakers.

Additionally, this page is the first institutional page and the first brand in the DRC. Tigo DRC has a friendly way of interacting with its fans. With Tigo, the time for communication and interaction through social networks is here. Internet users now have the advantage to discover the latest products, services and promotions on Facebook and learn more about services that suit their needs and interests.

Tigo offers more than a real-time solution; this page is also a way for Tigo to reward its active fans. Various promotions have been launched from the page such as; "Tigo et toi" (which means Tigo and you) a campaign around the image of the brand Tigo; "Tigo femme Africaine" (which means Tigo and the African Woman) a campaign celebrating women during the month of March 2013, "Tigo Smile" which offers various gifts to fan such as Smartphones, T-Shirts and various other gifts for posting their most beautiful smiles on the Tigo Facebook page.

Tigo is continuously innovating in the DRC Market to connect people with Digital lifestyle.

About us

Tigo DRC is a Congolese subsidiary of Millicom International Cellular (MIC SA). MIC SA is a world leader in the telecommunication sector.

The meaning of Tigo is; "with me" in Spanish, allowing people to communicate wherever they want.

Launched since 2007 in DRC, Tigo forever answers to the needs of its users by offering to them the best tariffs, a better quality of network and numerous value added services.

Through it numerous social actions, Tigo gives back a smile to its subscribers with its implication in the well being of the following: aged people, the new born, medical equipment. In DRC, Tigo has developed a rapid growth and development of the market and at the same time offering work directly and indirectly to thousands of Congolese people. Tigo is very close to the day to day life of Congolese people.

Tigo takes pride in bringing a smile whilst offering products adapted and developed to suit the need of Congolese people of all class of life, as expressed in its slogan "Smile, you've got Tigo".

Contact Information