TORONTO, ONTARIO and LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA--(Marketwired - Dec. 6, 2016) -
THIS NEWS RELEASE IS NOT FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR TO U.S. PERSONS.
The Tinley Beverage Company Inc. (the "Company" or "Tinley") (OTC PINK:QRSRF)(CSE:TNY) is pleased to provide an update on its products, operations and sales.
The Company continues to make progress with its retail distribution strategy:
- The Company has been conducting a trial with a major convenience store chain and is now expanding this trial by an additional 25 stores. This brings the total number of stores in this chain to 33. The stores are in LA County, Orange County, San Diego County and the Inland Empire. Management remains encouraged by the initial results as well as with the opportunity to expand the initial trial. While there can be no guarantees of further success, Tinley hopes to attract larger purchase orders as store coverage and brand awareness increases.
- The company has received an initial purchase order from luckyvitamin.com, a leading online health and wellness store owned by GNC. It expects the listing on the site to launch in the coming weeks.
- Hemplify is now available in Sprouts Chula Vista and Eastlake in San Diego County, California. The Company is seeking to further expand Hemplify's availability in premium grocery stores and, as such, is engaged in discussions with buyers at several such chains.
- The Company has added additional salespeople in Southern California and has retained a food brokerage firm in Northern California to expand its coverage of natural food and premium grocery stores throughout the state and in Nevada.
Products and Operations
- The Company has manufactured bulk liquid for its next bottling run and expects to complete packaging within the next two weeks. Product from this run contains additional clean label claims and label enhancements that have been specifically designed to target a wider variety of consumers and premium retailers.
- The Company has formulated an energy shot based on the current Hemplify formulation. An initial production run of the energy shot is planned for after successful shelf stability testing.
Tinley '27 Cannabis-Infused Beverages
The Company is working with its Los Angeles formulator and a cannabis collective on an initial test batch. It expects to complete this test batch prior to the end of this calendar year. The products being produced in this initial batch will be the previously-announced Jamaican dark rum extract and a newly-developed ready-to-drink margarita cocktail. All products will be alcohol-free and will be infused with high purity THC oil.
"We're enthusiastic about the progress of store listings for our hemp CBD products as well as with the formulations and production planning for our cannabis-infused beverages. Our products remain differentiated in our target jurisdictions and consumer awareness is steadily increasing," said Jeff Maser, CEO of Tinley.
About Hemplify, Inc. and The Tinley Beverage Company, Inc.
Hemplify, Inc. manufactures the "Hemplify" line of products. "Hemplify" is a line of fruit-flavored, sugar-free, vegan, drinkable supplements that contain hemp stalk extract. This extract contains terpenes and other phytoconstituents. Each product also contains 9-12x the potassium electrolyte content of major sports drinks, 200mg of Omega 3 and excellent sources of 9 vitamins, including 100% DV of Vitamin B12, C and D. Hemplify is produced with patented technology that elevates absorption into the bloodstream, ensures shelf stability and masks the hemp oil's taste to deliver delicious, refreshing flavors. The company is selling its products in California and in 5 other states, as well as online. Hemplify, Inc. (Santa Monica, California) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Tinley Beverage Company Inc. (Toronto, Canada). The Tinley Beverage Company has also developed a line of cannabis-infused beverages that it is working to launch in jurisdictions throughout North America where such products are permitted.
NEITHER THE CANADIAN SECURITIES EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATIONS SERVICES PROVIDER HAVE REVIEWED OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
This press release contains or refers to forward-looking information, and is based on current expectations that involve a number of business risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from any forward-looking statement include, but are not limited to, delays in obtaining or failures to obtain required governmental, environmental or other project approvals, political risks, uncertainties relating to the availability and costs of financing needed in the future, changes in equity markets, inflation, changes in exchange rates, fluctuations in commodity prices, delays in the development of projects and the other risks involved in the mineral exploration and development industry. Forward-looking statements are subject to significant risks and uncertainties, and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expected results. Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date hereof and the Company assumes no responsibility to update them or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances other than as required by law.