SAN CARLOS, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 27, 2013) - Invent Your Future Enterprises, a professional development company specializing in the retention, development and acceleration of women leaders, today unveiled the program for its 7th Annual Invent Your Future Conference, the Bay Area's premier educational event for businesswomen and entrepreneurs. From smart risk-taking to getting savvy with social media, the power-packed one-day program features top business leaders and nationally-acclaimed authors to help individuals at all levels of organizations to re-energize their careers. The conference takes place April 24, 2013 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Register at www.inventyourfuture.com.
Keynote and featured speakers:
- Po Bronson & Ashley Merryman, co-authors of Top Dog: The Science of Winning and Losing
- Cali Williams Yost, CEO, Flex+Strategy Group and author of Tweak It: Make What Happens to You Matter Every Day
- Tom Fisher, senior vice president/Commercial CIO, Oracle Cloud Services
- Heather Healy, vice president and Center of Excellence CIO, EMC
- Charlene Yu Vaughn, CEO/Founder, The Algonquin Group
- Aglaia Kong, vice president/general manager, Connected Platform Business Unit, Enterprise Networking Group/CTO, China, Cisco
- Dhaya Lakshminarayanan, former venture capitalist, technologist, comedian, storyteller and television host leads the closing session: "A humorous look at the serious issues impacting the women of Silicon Valley!"
- Ekaterina Walter, social media innovator and author of Think Like Zuck: The Five Business Secrets of Facebook's Improbably Brilliant CEO
- Chip Conley, founder and former CEO, Joie de Vivre and author of Emotional Equations: Simple Truths for Creating Happiness + Success
- Jory Des Jardins, co-founder and president, Strategic Alliances, BlogHer
- Deepti Srivastava, technical program manager, Storage Infrastructure Group, Google
- Chan Wang, social media strategist, LinkedIn
- Nora Denzel, corporate board member & former technical executive at Intuit, HP, IBM
Engage in outstanding networking opportunities and breakout sessions that will re-ignite your passion and creativity:
- Nurture your "Quiet Influence: How Introverts Make a Difference" with Jennifer Kahnweiler, Ph.D.
- Learn how to "Have the Difficult Conversation" with Intrigue Expert Sam Horn
- Discover "How to Navigate the New Career Normal" with Caroline Dowd-Higgins, author of This is Not the Career I Ordered
- Global Women's Leadership
- Technology, Creativity and Innovation: Connecting the Dots Between Art, Science and Technology
- The Healthiest You
- Careers for young women, and much more!
Browse the program at www.inventyourfuture.com.
"The support for increasing the number of women in leadership positions and the benefits this brings to organizations is clearly gaining momentum," said Ruth Stergiou, CEO, Invent Your Future Enterprises. "IYF provides a neutral forum for women and men to come together to address critical business issues, promote gender equality in the workplace and build successful careers and businesses run in collaboration between men and women."
Individual and group registration: www.inventyourfuture.com.
Partnership opportunities: www.inventyourfuture.com.
Follow conference updates on Twitter @IYFNews and #IYF2013.
About Invent Your Future
Invent Your Future Enterprises is a professional development company that specializes in the retention, development and acceleration of women in corporations and as business owners. Based on extensive research on the training needs of high potential leaders, the company offers talent development programs, skill-building events and organizational consulting. Invent Your Future CEO Ruth Stergiou is the recipient of: The International Alliance for Women - World of Difference 100 Award 2012; 2012 NAWBO Silicon Valley Woman Business Advocate Award; 2011 WomenGoGlobal Social Mission Award; 2010 NAWBO Silicon Valley Enterprising Women of the Year Award; and the 2010 Women of Influence - Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal. www.inventyourfuture.com.
Invent Your Future corporate partners include: Oracle, eBay, Cadence, NetApp, Abbott Vascular, Covidien, Intel, Symantec, Brocade, Google, FirstTech Federal Credit Union, HGST and Cisco. Community partners: National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Silicon Valley and California, BlogHer.com, Silicon Valley Business Journal, News on Women and the National Center for Women & Information Technology.
Invent Your Future is a trademark of Invent Your Future Enterprises. Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.