QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Mar 4, 2013) -
- Today Coveo announced that Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL) has implemented Coveo's advanced indexing technology to solve the challenge posed from big, unstructured product and customer data across the company's North American field service operations. Coveo injects existing knowledge into every field service engagement, effectively helping the Company better leverage its far-flung knowledge and expertise.
- TEL is a leading provider of high-tech semiconductor equipment worldwide. The company's North American field service team is comprised of more than 500 engineers that serve and service a highly diverse array of six product lines worth of complex semiconductor equipment.
- Prior to using Coveo, field engineers needed to manually identify, normalize and extract their necessary knowledge through decentralized and disparate systems, comprised of information housed in various formats with individual specifications. This led to lengthy data retrieval times, and inefficient dissemination of important product knowledge throughout the team. TEL estimates that during a peak month, lost and duplicate knowledge was costing the company over $80,000, which does not include corresponding impacts on customer and field service representative satisfaction levels.
- With Coveo for advanced enterprise search, TEL's engineers have a consolidated, unified view of information comprised across the company's complex product lines. Using a single search interface, the field services team is able to gain a 360-degree view of all relevant customer, product and service information. This allows them to reduce repair times and improve customer retention.
- The Coveo solution casts a wide net -- indexing and federating documents while keeping them where they reside. Document access is as high-level or granular as engineers specify, in order to solve a complex case faster or quickly respond to a customer inquiry. Upon analysis, TEL concluded that improved knowledge retrieval could improve time-to-repair incidents by 28 percent.
- Kevin Chasey, Senior Vice President, North America, Tokyo Electron: "Selling and servicing high-tech products is always a race against Moore's Law. Innovation and data are rapidly evolving, so we need to make sure we have all necessary information available and consolidated in a fast and efficient manner. With Coveo, they were able to navigate our complex product picture with ease. Amazing is too weak of a word for what Coveo was able to accomplish."
- Diane Berry, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communication, Coveo: "Field service engineers simply cannot know everyone who can help and exactly where each piece of information they need for every customer and every product is located. Coveo's powerful, Unified Indexing and Insight platform takes Enterprise Search to a new level, where employees can easily access all information that is relevant to their context, from a single interface, without IT moving data or conducting lengthy integrations. Increasing return on knowledge is a key concern of all organizations in which information and products are complex. This is the next wave of productivity growth in our knowledge economy."
Coveo brings to market a highly advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform that redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the customer-focused enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from cloud-based, social, and on-premise systems, and injects it into the context of every user, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and enriching structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business inject existing knowledge into every Customer Service interaction, personalize online customer experiences within high-end websites, and increase overall return on knowledge by making the collective knowledge easily accessible, so that all employees can stop reinventing the wheel. More than 2,000,000 people globally and more than 500 companies use Coveo to achieve their business goals. Among Coveo customers are CA Technologies, L'Oreal Switzerland, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and SunGard. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.