SOUTH HOLLAND, IL--(Marketwired - Aug 26, 2016) - Tony Roma's®, a premium brand of retail ribs and pulled pork, announces the results of its recent survey assessing consumer behaviors and attitudes about evening routines. The survey found on average families spend only 14 minutes eating dinner each night, while they spend more than double that time planning, prepping and cleaning up after dinner. The same survey revealed 75 percent of parents feel frustrated when they aren't able to spend time with their family at night. These key data show how busy parents are longing for dinnertime innovations, like those from Tony Roma's, that allow them to enjoy time together at the dinner table.
Tony Roma's recently redesigned its packaging to be mess-free and allow for quick meal preparation and cleanup. The new packaging allows families to put Tony Roma's ribs directly into the oven or onto the grill and the pulled pork and pulled chicken directly into the oven or microwave without ever having to transfer the meat to a separate cooking dish. Since the meat is heated and served in the innovative packaging, families can focus on spending what little time they have in the evenings with each other, not worrying about cooking and cleaning.
"We started thinking about how we can help consumers spend less time in the kitchen and more time at the table. We decided to redesign our products to cut down on the time they have to spend preparing and cleaning up after dinner," said Kristin Kroepfl, vice president of retail marketing for Tony Roma's. "We're so pleased to give consumers a dinner option that decreases prep and cleanup time, giving families the freedom to enjoy time with each other at the kitchen table."
Other key findings from the survey include:
Consumer attitudes towards dinner
- 70 percent of parents said they would rather spend quality time with family than spend it preparing dinner.
- 67 percent of parents wish they had more 'go to' weekday meal options they knew were easy and everyone would enjoy.
- 63 percent of parents say they need convenient dinner options because the week is so busy.
- 61 percent said making dinner and cleaning up afterwards isn't something they look forward to.
- 47 percent of parents eat out more often than they would like to due to the need for convenience.
Consumer attitudes toward their time
- 75 percent of parents feel guilty when they don't spend time with family at night.
- 65 percent said they wish they had more freedom to do things they want to do in the evenings.
This survey was conducted online within the United States among 1,000 consumers.
For more information on Tony Roma's Refrigerated BBQ, visit http://www.tonyromaribs.com/. To find a store near you, visit http://www.tonyromaribs.com/where-to-buy.
Rupari Food Services is the producer of Tony Roma's Refrigerated BBQ, which can be found in the refrigerated meat case and freezer of your local grocery store.