EDMONTON, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - Dec. 20, 2013) - Ongoing skills and labour shortages along with advancements in business and technology will mean an increased demand for five key occupations in Alberta in 2014.
"This year we're going to see a number of recruitment challenges in Alberta," says Trevor Mahl, senior executive recruiter for Collective Technical Recruitment, an Alberta-based recruitment firm. "In particular, employers in the oil sands, construction and finance are going to have a tough time finding the right people for the right positions."
Below are the top 5 in-demand jobs for 2014:
- Steam and Power Engineers: According to Enform, power engineers are the most in-demand occupation in the oil sands.
- Environmental science jobs: Also driven by Alberta's oil sands, environmental careers such as Soil Reclamation Technologists will be increasing in demand.
- Construction professionals: With a reported 845 major construction projects in the works in Alberta worth almost $2 billion, demand for construction managers and supervisors are expected to increase greatly.
- Management or skilled positions: There will be about 4.3 million management positions and other jobs requiring post-secondary education over the next 10 years.
- Finance and insurance professionals: There will be about 1,000 job openings for jobs like auditors, accountants and insurance professionals in 2014.
Collective Technical Recruitment has been an industry leader in the recruitment of oil and gas, construction and financial professionals since 2005.