PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 11, 2013) - Tophatter, the world's most entertaining live marketplace, today released an app for iPhone and iPod touch that brings the excitement and energy of a live auction house into consumers' pockets. The app's real-time features create for the first time a dynamic, social auction experience where users can chat, discover and bid on items no matter where they are.
"Tophatter brings the fun and energy of live auctions to people anywhere, anytime," said Ashvin Kumar, CEO and co-founder. "Now users can hop into an auction room, interact with other shoppers and the seller in real-time, and bid from anywhere."
Launched on the web in January 2012, Tophatter enables buyers and sellers to experience the thrill and excitement of real-life auctions that last mere minutes. From craft supplies to vintage jewelry, gourmet food to antique collectibles, and more, there's no limit to what users can discover. Now with the app, Tophatter users can browse lots, set alerts for upcoming items, and place bids as they join a vibrant community of buyers and sellers on the go using their iPhone or iPod touch.
Tophatter sellers include artisan craftsmen, retailers, professional sellers and individuals who put items up for sale to the highest bidder with no reserve prices. Tophatter's live auctions run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Tophatter's main app features include:
- Facebook Integration - Users don't have to leave the app to log in through Facebook.
- Mobile and online integration - Buyers and sellers can seamlessly shift between the app and the website, with all auctions and features synced in real-time.
- Optimization for iPhone 5 and new iPod touch display - Taking advantage of the large, 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and new iPod touch, Tophatter has designed the app to allow users to view lots coming up on the auction block without leaving the live auction.
- Immediate browsing - Tophatter enables newcomers to the app to view lots and attend auctions without first registering or logging in.
- Push Notifications - Shoppers can set reminders to alert them when items they're interested in are about to go on the auction block.
- Payments - Users can send payments through PayPal to the seller when an item is won.
The Tophatter App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/Tophatter.
For more information on Tophatter, please visit http://www.tophatter.com.