NEWTON, MA--(Marketwired - Jan 16, 2014) - Topo Athletic, the leader in ergonomic athletic footwear, announced today that its ST model was awarded "2013 Wear Tested Shoe of the Year" by Wear Tested - Minimalist Shoes & Fitness Gear. The STs were recognized for the brand's unique ergonomic design, combining a natural fit and lightweight construction without sacrificing the comfort and protection necessary for rigorous athletic training.
"2013 was the first year in our award's history that all of our reviewers unanimously agreed on a single winner," Nicholas Pang, chief reviewer for Minimalist Running Shoes, co-founder of Natural Running Center, and blogger for Examiner.com. "It was no contest for the Topo Athletic ST: the natural shape, neutral platform and feather-like feel made the 100 plus miles we logged on them some of the best rides we've ever had. The STs are now my shoe-of-choice and I look forward to testing Topo Athletic's new models for 2014."
Topo Athletic announced today the expansion of its current shoe lines, launching three new models for 2014: the Oterro for outdoor / multi-sport use, the Runduro for endurance running, and the Santé for functional training. These new designs will be showcased for the first time at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2014 show in booth 30189.
Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2014 marks the one-year anniversary of Topo Athletic's debut with its original R-series, featuring the unique split-toe design inspired by the Japanese "tabi" shoe. "We've been pleased with how positively customers have responded to Topo's approach to ergonomic design," said Tony Post, CEO of Topo Athletic. "Starting with the original split-toe R-series and now expanding to a full line of running, training and outdoor shoes, we've stayed true to our core product values of anatomic shape, neutral mid-height platforms, and lightweight constructions -- all engineered with an eye toward ergonomic design that enhances or amplifies natural movement."
Topo Athletic's latest models represent an evolution in minimal footwear: light and ergonomic without sacrificing the comfort and protection necessary for rigorous athletic training. These benefits define Topo Athletic's core design principles:
- "Y" shape fit: follows the natural shape of the foot -- fitting snug and secure through the mid-foot and heel, but roomier in the toe box so the toes can spread and splay naturally
- Neutral mid-height platforms: keep the feet on a more level plane with 0-4 mm of heel to toe drop; Topo platforms vary from 13-22 mm in stack height, offering light, flexible, underfoot protection that encourages an athlete to move naturally
- Lightweight: is the result of using innovative construction, components, and manufacturing processes, such as printed uppers, heat-seam welding, and co-molded sole platforms, to keep the shoes extremely light (5-9 oz) without sacrificing durability and comfort
Features specific to Topo Athletic's new 2014 models include:
Oterro (MSRP $100): Light, rugged and versatile, the Oterro's aggressive outsole easily sheds mud and dirt, while providing traction over a variety of surfaces:
- Category: Outdoor / multi-sport (other models include the MT)
- Tech: Speed lacing system and 3D-printed upper
- Weight: 7.2 oz (size W7) / 9 oz (size M9)
- Total stack height: 17 mm (0-drop)
- Rubber outsole: 4.5 mm / midsole: 7.5 mm EVA
- Footbed: 5 mm EVA antimicrobial footbed
Runduro (MSRP $120): Engineered for medium and long distance running:
- Category: Run (other models include the RR, RT, ST)
- Tech: Boa closure and 3D-printed upper
- Weight: 6.6 oz (size W7) / 8.2 oz (size M9)
- Total stack height: 22 mm x 19 mm (3 mm drop)
- Rubber outsole: 4 mm / midsole: 13 mm EVA (heel) and 10 mm EVA (ball)
- Footbed: 5 mm EVA antimicrobial footbed
Santé (MSRP $125): Perfect for functional fitness training -- run, jump, climb, or lift, the feet stay secure with this shoe's unique stabilizing technology:
- Category: Train (other models include the RX)
- Tech: Boa closure (the first for a functional fitness shoe), mid-foot strap, lateral stabilizer, 3D-printed upper, co-molded rubber/EVA sole
- Weight: 6.9 oz (size W7) / 8.4 oz (size M9)
- Total stack height: 14 mm (0-drop)
- Rubber outsole: 4 mm / midsole: 7 mm EVA
- Footbed: 3 mm EVA antimicrobial footbed
Topo Athletic's Oterro is available for May 2014 delivery, the Runduro and Santé models will be available for shipment in August 2014.
To learn more about the new models or request a catalogue, please contact: Kristine David at email@example.com. For retail distribution partner inquiries, please contact: Darren Josey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Topo Athletic
Topo Athletic is an athletic gear company created for and by athletes. Topo products are built with humble innovation, an acknowledgement that the most impressive thing that will ever go into our products is the athlete. We are committed to the ongoing study of physiology, environments and emerging technologies that enable athletes to constantly improve their performance. Topo Athletic is headquartered in Newton, Mass., and was founded in 2012 by Tony Post, formerly CEO of Vibram USA and previous SVP of product marketing at The Rockport Company. For more information, please visit www.topoathletic.com and follow on Facebook/TopoAthletic, Twitter/@topoathletic, and Instagram/@topoathletic.