SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 10, 2012) - Topsy, the realtime social analytics provider, today announced immediate availability of the world's most powerful realtime social analytics solution for government agencies, Topsy Pro Analytics Public Sector. For the first time, government agencies can instantly access realtime and multi-year analysis of hundreds of billions of public Tweets, posts and pages gathered from millions of socially-active web-sites worldwide via an easy-to-use browser-based user interface.
Topsy Pro Analytics Public Sector enables federal, state and local agencies to tap into the public social web to identify, quantify and understand what people are saying, track long term trends, and surface and analyze realtime events. With comprehensive detection and tracking capabilities for terms, topics, hashtags, links, images, videos and trends, Topsy Pro Analytics Public Sector also enables users to segment results by time, geographic, language and influence parameters.
Publicly available data from the social web provide insights that facilitate project-specific objectives, and Topsy Pro Analytics Public Sector fulfills a variety of use-cases for government analysts including:
- Facilitate disaster response. Emergency personnel can analyze social media communication originating from the disaster area, including relevant photos and videos available within seconds of their posting, to assess, in realtime, what's happening before response personnel are on the ground.
- Anticipate travel demand by measuring and detecting spikes in travel-related social activity by geographic areas. Federal, state and local personnel can allocate resources to fulfill the anticipated travel demand.
- Quantify political issues and candidates at the international, federal, state and local level so political campaign analysts can measure volume and sentiment relating to candidates and issues over time.
- Monitor global anomalies in public social communication by keyword and geographic area to proactively identify where potential unrest may occur.
- Detect Disease Outbreak. Monitor and detect anomalies within areas of responsibility. Learn what the general public is sharing about any given health crisis and discover new/emerging symptoms.
"Social media is a new critical and global information source," said Duncan Greatwood, CEO of Topsy. "Our ability to provide instant access to both realtime and multi-year data using all public Tweets along with other social data sources provide incredible insights for government agencies. The geographic, influence and author graph data enrichment techniques we've developed from the analysis of more than 100 billion conversations lend incredible value to the massively increasing public communication found within Twitter and other social networks and websites around the world."
In applications as diverse as analyzing the 2011 Arab spring (see http://about.topsy.com/technology/whitepapers/arab-spring/), prioritizing disaster-recovery resources in realtime, and powering the 2012 Twitter Political Index project recently announced with Twitter (http://election.twitter.com/), Topsy's scale, accuracy and data enrichment provide unique insight into events and opinions for government agencies, political analysts, and public policy specialists.
Topsy Pro Analytics Public Sector is available today. Topsy also recently announced Topsy Pro Analytics for businesses and other sectors needing instant access to social media measurements. For more information and to try the products visit http://about.topsy.com.
Topsy operates the world's only index of the public social web. Topsy provides comprehensive analyses of hundreds of billions of Tweets and leverages these social conversations to index, analyze and rank content on web pages across millions of unique sites. With instant access to conversations from moments ago or years ago, Topsy enables users to discover, quantify, predict and make decisions using the world's most powerful social analytics. Topsy's offerings are used by some of the largest global marketing, news, entertainment, and financial organizations to design and optimize content and communication, stay on top of breaking events, quantify market trends and customer feedback, measure competitor mindshare and predict what's about to happen. Headquartered in San Francisco, Topsy is backed by BlueRun Ventures, Ignition Partners, Founders Fund and Scott Banister. For more information visit: http://about.topsy.com.