SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 11, 2011) -
Core News Facts:
- Topsy Labs, the realtime search and analytics platform that processes social sources on a global scale, today announced the addition of Google+ as a social source in its index.
- Both consumers and businesses now have access to the most important communication occurring within Google+, ranked by Topsy Labs' relevance and influence ranking technology.
- The only way to search Google+ for influence-ranked realtime and historical search results is at http://plus.topsy.com/.
- Users can find the most relevant Google+ posts on any subject, without having to login to Google+.
- Topsy's technology incorporates the company's proprietary algorithms, turning time-ranked streams of social content into meaningful search results.
- Topsy's technology, which already powers realtime search for Twitter posts on topsy.com, is applicable to multiple social platforms including Reddit, LiveJournal, Blogspot, Quora and other web-based forums, now indexes public posts on Google+ to give people the most relevant, noise-free results.
- Topsy's algorithm calculates who the experts are for specific keywords, terms and links, updating influence graphs in seconds based upon the attention generated from Google+ and Twitter posts.
- Google+ now has over 50 million users. (Source: Mercury News, September 2011, http://bit.ly/rq2Kqb).
- The Google+ growth rate also far surpasses Facebook or Twitter's growth trajectory at the same stages of their evolution. (Source: ComScore, July 2011, http://bit.ly/pWUoOF).
- Topsy's offerings give businesses an unprecedented way to extract valuable signal from the social web:
- Via Topsy's API, businesses across multiple sectors can access:
- Historical activity related to any keyword, term or link
- Realtime, influence-ranked measurements
- Forward-looking momentum, velocity and peak period metrics
- Stories that are trending on multiple social networks, curating these into news feeds for their readers
- Through access to realtime social intelligence from multiple social networks, businesses can do side-by-side comparisons of who is influencing what content, what's trending and how historical metrics compare across networks.
- Topsy's live-ranking and fast-indexing technology enables realtime processing of Google+ data at massive scale.
- Whether you want to know the most relevant, fresh social posts about a recent event, photos and video from an event happening right now or take a quick look at a historical trend, you can find it using Topsy's powerful realtime search.
Vipul Ved Prakash, Co-Founder & CEO, Topsy
"We are proud to be the first search engine to provide comprehensive search over public Google+ posts. Beyond the 220 million daily tweets we are currently indexing, with the addition of Google+, we've extended our search technology to deeply index and rank long-form social conversations. On Topsy, people can now search Google+ and Twitter for realtime, relevance-ranked results, and businesses can be better informed about what¹s important by using our APIs to mine the collective intelligence of posters on both Twitter and Google+."
About Topsy Labs:
Topsy Labs is a realtime search and analytics platform powered by the social web. Unlike traditional web search engines, Topsy Labs' technology calculates the most relevant search results by applying its influence algorithm. By searching links, posts and other content produced from millions of people each day, Topsy brings consumers and businesses the freshest, most valuable metrics and content from the social web. Headquartered in San Francisco and founded in 2006, Topsy is backed by BlueRun Ventures, Ignition Partners, Founders Fund and Scott Banister. For more information visit: www.topsylabs.com.