NORTH READING, MA--(Marketwired - Sep 20, 2016) - TraceLink Inc., the World's Largest Track and Trace Network for connecting the life sciences supply chain and eliminating counterfeit prescription drugs from the global marketplace, today announced it has reached 105 pharmaceutical and contract manufacturing customers and 417 customers overall, while surpassing 241,000 supply chain partners on the Life Sciences Cloud network. TraceLink's rapid customer momentum, coupled with a succession of company and industry achievements in serialization and track and trace since September 2015, comes one year after SAP announced its Advanced Track and Trace for pharmaceuticals application (ATTP).
Of the 105 pharmaceutical and contract manufacturing customers that have selected TraceLink:
- 68 percent are small to mid-sized pharmaceutical manufacturing companies, including virtual manufacturers;
- 32 percent are among the top 100 global pharmaceutical manufacturers;
- 14 percent are contract manufacturers;
- 77 percent are U.S. based, 23 percent have headquarters outside of the U.S.;
- 34 percent manufacture branded pharmaceutical products, 22 percent manufacture generic products, 11 percent manufacture biotech products. The remaining customers are contract manufacturers and/or manufacture a combination of all types of pharmaceutical products.
The majority of TraceLink manufacturing customers have global compliance requirements in multiple countries, including:
- 65 percent that must comply with the U.S. Drug Supply Chain and Security Act (DSCSA);
- 29 percent that must comply with the EU Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD);
- 24 percent that have compliance requirements for both DSCSA and EU FMD;
- 40 percent that have compliance requirements in one or more of the following geographic markets: India, Brazil, China, South Korea, Turkey, Argentina, Russia and Saudi Arabia.
"Since September 2015, we have achieved a massive amount of tangible milestones, demonstrating TraceLink's diligence to deliver on the global serialization commitments that we've made to our customers - and to the industry overall," said Shabbir Dahod, president and CEO, TraceLink. "In a rapidly developing market spurred by global regulations, many companies promise solutions with scalability and data exchange at a lower cost, but continue to fall short. As evidenced by our customer growth in the past year, we are confident that TraceLink is the only company with a proven solution that can deliver compliance at the lowest total cost with quick, seamless integration, a unique trading partner network model, and the least risk of compromising drug supply to patients."
One Year of Industry Achievements
Rapid Growth: Corporate and Global Presence
With offices now in the U.S., U.K., India and Singapore, TraceLink is dedicated to helping every pharmaceutical supply chain partner, from manufacturer to pharmacy, comply with the ever-changing global regulations for track and trace, while providing seamless connectivity into its trading network. In the past year, TraceLink has significantly increased its corporate presence and executed on the following milestones:
- A 76 percent increase in employee growth year-over-year, bringing TraceLink's total track and trace headcount to 240 employees worldwide;
- A two-year revenue compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 95 percent, representing the fifth-consecutive quarter where the company has delivered a two-year CAGR above 95 percent;
- Access to over 80 percent of U.S. hospitals through several group purchasing organization (GPO) alliances.
Market Leader: Quantifiable Results and Industry Validation
As the only solution provider solely focused on track and trace for the life sciences industry, TraceLink is dedicated to educating the market on the challenges of global serialization for all segments within the pharmaceutical supply chain. The Company's in-house experts are dedicated to collaborating with regulatory bodies, industry standards groups and associations to ensure that the technology is continuously optimized for changes in regulations. Over the past 12 months, TraceLink's team of industry experts has continuously educated and engaged with the industry by hosting 489 serialization workshops, webinars, and training events with over 2,800 attendees; and publishing over 100 thought leadership pieces with more than 12,000 online downloads.
In addition, TraceLink has been recognized by the pharmaceutical industry and business market on several levels, receiving the following accolades:
- Ranked #293 Fastest Growing North American Company on Deloitte's 2015 Technology Fast 500;
- Winner of the CPhI 2015 award for Innovation in Supply Chain and Logistic Management;
- Awarded the 2015 GS1 Brazil Automation Award for its partnership with Roche and SPI in developing an ANVISA pilot solution to meet the Brazil RDC 54 track and trace regulation;
- Named a Leader in Worldwide Pharmaceutical Track and Trace Software by IDC MarketScape;
- Winner of the 2016 Stratus Awards for Enterprise Cloud Collaboration.
Proven Solution: Leading in Technology Performance and Innovation
To date, TraceLink is the only company to demonstrate and publish its performance capabilities in processing and commissioning serial numbers to the expected scale and capacity necessary for the industry to comply with global regulations. In the past year, TraceLink has accomplished a succession of performance, scalability and compliance milestones, including:
- Demonstrating the capability to provision/commission 250 million serial numbers and serial number read/write speeds averaging 70,000/per second and 9,500/per second but performing as high as 150,000/per second and 14,000/per second.
- Processing over 140 million Transaction History files for Drug Supply Chain & Security Act (DSCSA);
- Piloting DSCSA compliance with one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers and one of the "big three" wholesalers using GS1 EPCIS 1.1 data exchange on the Life Sciences Cloud;
- Completing product master data and product pack data upload certification tests with the European Medicines Verification Organization (EMVO) for connection to the European Hub.
TraceLink is the World's Largest Track and Trace Network for connecting the Life Sciences supply chain and eliminating counterfeit prescription drugs from the global marketplace. Leading businesses, including 16 of the top-20 global pharmaceutical companies, trust the TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud to deliver complete global connectivity, visibility and traceability of pharmaceuticals from ingredient to patient. A single point and click connection to the Life Sciences Cloud creates a supply chain control tower that delivers the information, insight and collaboration needed to improve performance and reduce risk across global supply, manufacturing and distribution operations.
A winner of numerous industry awards including Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 (ranked number 293 in 2015), the Amazon AWS Global Start-Up Challenge Grand Prize, and the Edison Award for Innovation in Health Management, the Life Sciences Cloud is used by businesses across the globe to meet strategic goals in ensuring global compliance, fighting drug counterfeiting, improving on-time and in-full delivery, protecting product quality and reducing operational cost.
For more information on TraceLink and our solutions, visit www.tracelink.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
TraceLink is funded by FirstMark Capital, Volition Capital and F-Prime Capital.