BRENTWOOD, TN--(Marketwired - September 13, 2016) - Pets are both a passion and an area of expertise for Tractor Supply Company, the largest rural lifestyle retail store chain in the United States. In celebration of these furry friends, Tractor Supply is hosting its sixth annual Pet Appreciation Week (PAW) in stores and online September 14-18.
PAW is a week-long event intended to raise awareness regarding the importance of proper pet care and nutrition and provide access to and information about pet adoptions. The celebration is an opportunity to find great homes for animals and recognize the community partners and rescue centers who care for these animals.
In partnership with local agencies and community groups, Tractor Supply will be hosting in-store pet adoptions across the country, while offering free samples of select pet products and a variety of family-friendly activities for everyone to enjoy. Customers can engage with PAW online as Tractor Supply continues to improve the PAW event through extensive digital support, including a "Rescue Your Rescue" online contest to fund animal shelters. Since its inception in 2011, PAW initiatives have helped to find more than 10,000 pets a happy home, and while PAW highlights Tractor Supply's love and appreciation for pets and the pet parents who spoil them, the Company's investment in the category can be seen throughout the year.
"We know that owning and caring for pets is a foundation of living the rural lifestyle. That's why at Tractor Supply, we provide the products and education our customers need to keep their pets happy and healthy all year round," said Steve Barbarick, President and Chief Merchandising Officer. "Most importantly, we listen to our customers to address their evolving needs. We live the same lifestyle our customers do and have a deep understanding of the trends in this unique market that we are tremendously proud to serve."
Greg Sandfort, Chief Executive Officer stated, "Tractor Supply offers a large assortment of pet and animal related products, which are an important element of our business. We are connecting with our customers at the local store level through impactful initiatives such as PAW. With on-trend products and pet services that cater to our customers' needs, we believe Tractor Supply is one of the leading authorities in the space with a unique 360-degree approach."
Pet Category Initiatives:
Tractor Supply supports rural lifestyle customers with several pet care programs throughout the year such as:
- PetVet Clinic™: This program offers veterinary care through community clinics at over 1,000 Tractor Supply stores. Over a half million pets have been seen through PetVet Clinics since 2014.
- DOG for DOG®: Tractor Supply carries a select line of DOG for DOG natural ingredient, made-in-America treats. For every product sold, a product is donated to a local shelter by DOG for DOG; resulting in more than 71,000 meals for shelter dogs in the past year.
- Save our Shelter™: Tractor Supply sponsors episodes on CW network, with the goal of creating happy and healthy environments for pets, increasing adoptions, and saving more pets' lives.
- Local Adoption Events: Throughout the year, Tractor Supply stores across the country partner with local shelters and community groups to help pets find their forever homes.
Pet Category Products:
In 2016, Tractor Supply has continued to add to the Company's pet initiatives and product offerings including:
- Expanded product selections from Blue Buffalo®, Taste of the Wild®, Merrick®, Pro Plan®, Rachael Ray®, Eukanuba®, 4health®, Sportmix®, Purina ONE® and Greenies®
- New brands from Natural Balance® and Merrick Backcountry®
- Key pet category resets in treats, flea and tick, toys, health and grooming, beds, bowls and feeders, kennels and cat litter
Pet Expertise via Know How Central:
Tractor Supply takes great pride in providing seasoned advice throughout the year via the "Know How Central" portion of the Company's website. From pet care, to pet adoption, to training advice, customers can easily access the information they need to care for the animals they love. You can visit the Know How Central at: TSCO Pet Care.
About Tractor Supply Company
At June 25, 2016, Tractor Supply Company operated 1,542 stores in 49 states. The Company's stores are focused on supplying the lifestyle needs of recreational farmers and ranchers and others who enjoy the rural lifestyle, as well as tradesmen and small businesses. Stores are located primarily in towns outlying major metropolitan markets and in rural communities. The Company offers the following comprehensive selection of merchandise: (1) equine, livestock, pet and small animal products, including items necessary for their health, care, growth and containment; (2) hardware, truck, towing and tool products; (3) seasonal products, including heating, lawn and garden items, power equipment, gifts and toys; (4) work/recreational clothing and footwear; and (5) maintenance products for agricultural and rural use.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/9/12/11G113851/Images/PAW_INFOGRAPHIC_STATS-798263104f5794eabe17fc78e8ded991.JPG
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/9/12/11G113851/Images/PAW_INFOGRAPHIC_BRANDS-6b750c00d00d8311afba7e6648d6a9bd.jpg