WAKEFIELD, MA--(Marketwired - Jul 26, 2016) - The tranSMART Foundation, a non-profit organization providing a global, open-source, open-data knowledge management platform for scientists to share pre-competitive translational research data, today announced its keynote speakers for its 2016 tranSMART Annual Meeting at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) in La Jolla, Calif., October 25-27, 2016. The keynotes for this year's conference include industry experts in various areas of translational medicine, including:
- Larry Smarr, Founding Director, Calit2 (California Institute of Telecommunications and Information Technology) at UCSD
- Rob Knight, Ph.D., Professor, Departments of Pediatrics and Computer Science & Engineering Director, Center for Microbiome Innovation at UCSD
- Niklas Blomberg, Ph.D., Director of ELIXIR
- Marcelline Harris, Ph.D., RN, Associate Professor, Department of Systems, Populations and Leadership, University of Michigan School of Nursing
- Trey Ideker, Ph.D., Professor, Departments of Medicine and Bioengineering, UCSD
- Costantino Pitzalis, Professor and Head of Centre for Experimental Medicine & Rheumatology, Queen Mary University of London; and co-lead of MATURA (Maximizing Therapeutic Utility in Rheumatoid Arthritis) Consortium
- Kleanthis G. Xanthopoulos, Managing Partner, Vandel-Group
"We have an impressive schedule of keynote speakers for this year's Annual Meeting and look forward to hearing their perspectives on today's translational medicine market and what the future has in store," said Keith Elliston, Ph.D., CEO of The tranSMART Foundation. "Our organizing committee continues to build the rest of the program to provide attendees with an event that offers both the educational aspect and interactive opportunities to enable them to better leverage the powers of open source and open data technology through the tranSMART platform."
Gene Dx, Rancho Biosciences and Epam are 2016 Platinum Corporate Sponsors helping to support Foundation events, including the Annual Meeting.
There is still time to submit speaking proposals and posters, as well as to become a sponsor of the 2016 Annual Meeting. For speaker or poster proposals, click here. For sponsorship opportunities, click here. There is no charge to attend for members of the tranSMART Foundation. Non-member fees are: $499 (industry organizations) and $150 (academic, government and not-for-profit organizations). An early-bird discount of 20 percent is available if non-members register before September 12. To register, click here.
About The tranSMART Foundation
The tranSMART Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides an open-source, cloud-based, data-sharing and analysis platform that enables scientists at universities, disease foundations, pharmaceutical companies, and government agencies around the world to share pre-competitive data in a way that saves money and time in translating research findings into new therapies and diagnostic tools. Founded to steward the tranSMART platform, the Foundation is headquartered in Wakefield, Massachusetts with Centers of Excellence in Ann Arbor, Mich.; London, England; Boston, Mass.; and Amsterdam, Netherlands. The tranSMART Foundation can also be found on the web at www.tranSMARTFoundation.org.