PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 5, 2012) - Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance, today announced that TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site, deployed Workday Financial Management. TripAdvisor has leveraged the unified financial management applications to allow for more visibility into operations, greater agility to respond to rapid growth, and better insights and analysis to deliver more value back to the business.
TripAdvisor serves 60 million unique monthly visitors with more than 75 million reviews and opinions from travelers around the world. With its rapid pace of development and commitment to regularly improving experiences for its customers, TripAdvisor needed a solution that could match its dynamic company growth. Workday's modern financial applications have given TripAdvisor the insights, speed, control, and ease of use it needs to operate the world's largest travel website.
Benefits of Taking Finances to Cloud
With the launch of Workday Financial Management and Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), TripAdvisor now benefits from one global, unified system for HR and finance. Further, since its launch of Workday Financial Management, TripAdvisor already benefited from two of the three annual updates that Workday delivers to all customers to provide the very latest application and product innovations.
Additional benefits TripAdvisor gained with Workday Financial Management:
- Improved employee engagement and reduced training and support costs, resulting from a more intuitive design and user interface that help employees quickly learn the new system and easily access, manage, and input financial information.
- Faster access to reports and relevant business data with Workday's real-time reporting and analytics that increase efficiencies around business processes and provide executives with critical business insights.
- Flexible business process framework and an always on audit trail that allows for the creation of workflows and controls relevant and necessary to the business.
- Better ability to accommodate new business requirements and processes, including M&A activity and re-organizations, without relying on IT support and investment due to Workday's business-driven configurability.
- Richer contextual insights into the details of the business through business event data captured at the transactional level, creating the ability to develop more robust financial, operational, and management reports.
- A unified platform with Workday HCM that offers greater visibility into the total workforce, including insights into global headcount, workforce costs, skills and experience, and overall performance.
Comments on the News
"We needed a best of breed system that could deliver a great user experience and move as fast as we do," said Julie Bradley, chief financial officer, TripAdvisor. "Workday has helped us evolve from just reporting the numbers to being able to analyze the numbers and bring value back to the business."
"TripAdvisor is a fast-moving organization that's not afraid to try something new for its customers or its business, and we share that philosophy at Workday," said Dave Duffield, co-founder and co-CEO, Workday. "Seeing how Workday Financial Management has already added significant value back to the business motivates our team to keep advancing our applications so TripAdvisor can achieve even greater success in the future."
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers Human Capital Management and Financial Management applications designed for the world's largest organizations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2012. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.