TrueStar Petroleum Corporation
TSX VENTURE : TPC

TrueStar Petroleum Corporation

July 03, 2008 16:53 ET

TrueStar Petroleum Corporation: Corporate Update

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - July 3, 2008) - TrueStar Petroleum Corporation (TSX VENTURE:TPC) announces the appointment of Brett Cunningham as President of TrueStar International Ltd. (TIL). "With Brett at the helm, TrueStar International is poised to expand and develop international projects and has made great inroads in that direction, notably in China," states Dick Shuster, TrueStar's Chairman & CEO. TrueStar would like to express thanks to Charles Kohlhaas, who has held the position in the past and continues to offer his knowledge and experience to the Company. Dr. Kohlhaas' new role will be announced soon.

The Company also announces the resignation of Director Paul B. Manson as of June 30, 2008. Mr. Manson has had a long history with TrueStar and has been a valuable Board member. The Company wishes to thank him for his services.

About TrueStar

TrueStar Petroleum Corporation is an oil and gas exploration, development, and production company. TrueStar has two producing gas wells in the Barnett Shale gas play in Texas and a 10% interest in a license for oil and gas development on 554,000 acres in Guatemala, and is waiting the reassignment of the remaining 90% interest in the 554,000 acre License. Additional information on TrueStar Petroleum Corporation is available at http://www.truestar-petroleum.com.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Dick Shuster, Chairman and CEO

The TSX Venture Exchange Inc. has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy and accuracy of this release.

Contact Information