CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - September 02, 2016) - Trustwave today announced that industry analyst firm IDC has named Trustwave a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: U.S. Emerging Managed Security Services 2016 Vendor Assessment1 based on IDC analysis and buyer perception. Trustwave also announced recent, significant milestones the company has achieved in managed security services.
The IDC MarketScape report highlighted Trustwave's growing global security operations center footprint, partnerships with leading international telecommunications providers, large customer base, enterprise-grade enhancements, success among distributed organizations and mid-sized companies, comprehensive portfolio covering basic and advanced services, strategic third-party alliances and excellent customer feedback.
"According to a customer's feedback, Trustwave did a great job when implementing over 8,000 UTMs for the customer," the report states. "The customer acknowledged that for such a large deployment, Trustwave made it very easy to work with the company. Customers also praised Trustwave for having customized solutions that meet their needs and for being able to give them the level of support they need to be successful."
Trustwave Chief Executive Officer and President Robert J. McCullen said, "The IDC MarketScape's designation of Trustwave as a Leader recognizes all the recent accomplishments the company has made establishing itself as a premier managed security services provider globally. Our expanded geographic security operations footprint and our telco partnerships, strategic technology alliances and our new services, all driven by our enhanced leadership team and committed employees, demonstrate our focus on and desire to become the world's leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider."
Using the IDC MarketScape model, IDC studied 10 organizations in the first quarter of 2016 that offer managed security services (MSS) in the United States, although several of the study participants including Trustwave deliver services worldwide. Through in-depth MSS provider interviews and interviews with customers, IDC MarketScape criteria included MSS capabilities, revenue and security operations centers.
To download a complimentary excerpt copy of the IDC MarketScape, visit: https://www2.trustwave.com/IDC-MarketScape-MSSP-2016.html.
Trustwave also announced milestones the company has achieved in managed security services. Recent, significant Trustwave milestones in managed security services include:
- Advanced Security Operations Centers (ASOCs) - Almost doubling its geographic security operations capacity in less than a year, Trustwave will soon operate nine, up from five, Advanced Security Operations Centers globally located throughout North America, Asia Pacific and Europe. Most recently, Trustwave announced plans to open its first ASOC in Japan. Through ASOCs, Trustwave delivers managed security services.
- Telco partnerships - A strategic part of Trustwave's international growth strategy in managed security services is partnering with telecommunications providers. Leading international telcos are now providing managed security services powered by Trustwave in their regions: Singtel in Singapore, Optus Business in Australia, Globe in the Philippines and Rogers Communications in Canada. Trustwave plans to partner with additional third parties to continue to fuel international expansion and growth.
- Strategic technology alliances - Through new, strategic alliances with several third-party security industry vendors including Akamai, Carbon Black, CounterTack and Palo Alto Networks, Trustwave can not only manage its own technologies but also those from these and other security industry leaders.
- Innovative services - Trustwave continues to innovative by offering new managed security services such as the Trustwave Managed Endpoint Detection & Response service. It can help identify behaviors and footprints commonly associated with sophisticated and never-before-seen attacks and help immediately contain and rapidly respond to the incident.
- Leadership - Trustwave has expanded its management team with several notable managed security services industry veterans including Trustwave Chief Operations Officer Rick Miller, Senior Vice President of Managed Security Services Chris Schueler and Senior Vice President of Product Management C.J. Spallitta.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Trustwave helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Trustwave enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs. More than three million businesses are enrolled in the Trustwave TrustKeeper® cloud platform, through which Trustwave delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective threat, vulnerability and compliance management. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
All trademarks used herein remain the property of their respective owners. Their use does not indicate or imply a relationship between Trustwave and the owners of such trademarks.
1 Source: IDC, IDC MarketScape: U.S. Emerging Managed Security Services 2016 Vendor Assessment, Doc #US41320816, September 2016.